What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP Pirates - first look

I've never posted on pinside - I'm gonna see how long it takes. Far more rewarding than picking up a speeding ticket!

JJP are victims here of a snowballing internet outrage culture. Mass overreaction is a common theme online. People love to be pi$$ed off and play the victim, even more so when they can do it in a group. No one has lost any money. Sure the removal of the feature isn't ideal but this is a disproportionate reaction of a lot of entitled people imo.

But it is conceivable that a distributor wanted a deposit that is non refundable,and that person may have ordered one,cos the tipping point was the three discs that may have ben deciding factor.
Also works other way, hoping a distributor isn't left with games hes preordered that he doesn't now want but still has to buy em.
Hoping it all works out good in the end, tho my tuppence it does still look pizzaesque from afar and surely the distro/customers now get em cheaper

Banned? for what? Ha ha - they are too much those yanks.
On the flip side..... I have had contact with many helpful, friendly normal Pinsiders over the years. Willing to help out etc, one guy when he knew I was gonna be Stateside was inviting me to their local league and his bbq.

But yeah there are some right plonkers on there [emoji16]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Agree, some big time trolls but some great people as well.

One guy gave me literally 100's of emails of free tech advice and helped me get all my 50's em's working 100%.

I am unbelievably grateful to him and try and pass on any advice I have learned to others.

Watched a bit of JJP latest stream of POTC with the new wheel. They've got to change the artwork around the spinner ASAP. As far as I can tell it's not a ships wheel spinning anymore it's just looks like a botch job and it still sounded noisy to me.

Watched a bit of JJP latest stream of POTC with the new wheel. They've got to change the artwork around the spinner ASAP. As far as I can tell it's not a ships wheel spinning anymore it's just looks like a botch job and it still sounded noisy to me.

I agree - this is a significant **** up for JJP. They have taken the main mech out that they really banged the drum on. some People don’t think the machine is worth it JJP and their distribution have to let them out of the deals and some aren’t! But not only that they do a stinking bad job of explaining what will be there rather than waiting to get it perfect with the right artwork and without the insane noise that was in the stream. I got some parts from freddies and it had a JJPOTC flyer inside it - the discs where the game in it - never play the same game twice -hmm - really?

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180420_22edb043e06020c5e9ef796c29ee4e6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree - this is a significant **** up for JJP. They have taken the main mech out that they really banged the drum on. Some People don’t think the machine is worth it JJP and their distribution have to let them out of the deals and some aren’t! But not only that they do a stinking bad job of explaining what will be there rather than waiting to get it perfect with the right artwork and without the insane noise that was in the stream. I got some parts from freddies and it had a JJPOTC flyer inside it - the discs where the game - never play the same game twice -hmm - really?

Although whilst bad / it’s not the end of the world.

Pinside is a great forum - sure there are some ****s but they are easily identified and you can filter them out (or have fun winding them up ! :)) the batman66, TWD and TNA forums are superb on pinside and for some cool mods like gnassel, Star Trek Black out, TOM trunk fix, batman 66 and Star Wars its very very good.

I’ve seen this place get occasionally get its knickers in a twist on a few things too!

Cheers,
Neil

Repetitive in nature. Circular argument. Being off topic. Defending myself. If truth, probably just being from the UK.

(what I got banned from I think)

Last edited:
Yep not saying that everyone on pinside is bad and there are some really nice people, advice etc as stated above but they certainly seem to troll a lot compared to this forum. Maybe down the the amount of people on it? I just don't like the constant negativity I see on there when the people on there all love the same hobby. Anyhow, time to move on.

Isn’t a troll a poster several people in a clique don’t agree with and so spend several hours collectively insulting in a superior tone, till boredom sets in or Popeye gets mentioned to deflect their undoubted burgeoning trolling habit

New code for this very soon likely this week - its in play at Expo!

dont forget to order your wifi single to get Scorbit and achievements!

TP-Link AC600 USB Wi-Fi Dongle, Dual Band 5 GHz Wireless Adapter for PC, Desktop and Laptop, Supports Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP, Mac OS 10.9-10.13 (Archer T2U Nano) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07LGSD...abc_BSZW4GH2JAF16BGQFCAA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

cheers
neil

Been waiting ages for this update! Cheers for the link Neil, will order one now.

Got mine last week when I heard also likely toy story reveal or at the show next week

Toy Story reveal already? I thought JJP were still backlogged with GnR orders?

I'm a huge fan of the theme - born in 1986 so the first one came out when I was the perfect age - and my dad loves them too so I'll find that hard to resist... but the playfield issues etc on GnR and JJPs response to them don't fill me with confidence.

Back
Top Bottom