What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP Pirates - first look

Eric just explained live on stream it was nothing to do with cost or code. 100% the physical mech. Problems with optos and gears. He seemed gutted it had to be changed. Says art on the disc will be tweaked. Game still looks great I think. The old mech was cool but wouldn't bother me especially.

I must say I'm concerned about that tiny disk lost in the expanse of a wide area of nothing now in the middle of the playfield. It just looks terrible.

When I first saw it I liked the disc, but after about 10min into the stream I felt it was very noisy. Pitty they could not get it to work.

Maybe they should go right back to thee drawing board and either scrap the disk idea completely or get the 3 disk one re-designed.

I don't really like/get the Pirate Theme but can understand that people are upset as a fairly major game feature is dropped so late in production. I agree that perhaps it should have made the LE and Collectors editions.

Having had THLE and DILE from JJP, I think their manufacture, art, quality is superb but I've found the games wanting compared to the classic BW games and the best of the Stern games. I'm way more interested in TNA than POTC - and has to be said, despite not being keen on the theme, WOZ seems their best to me.

Maybe they should go right back to thee drawing board and either scrap the disk idea completely or get the 3 disk one re-designed.
It's final now, apart from an art tweak.
Wonder what the real story is?
I don't think JJP will ever reveal a game early again:rolleyes:

Like Neil said, the Whirlwind idea might be the best option (Full Throttle did it also - sort of) but to be honest, I'm not bothered either way. Why I played the 3 disc version there was too much randomness for me and I prefer a pin to be more about skill. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work and it's a good thing that JJP actually care.

Pinside has gone full Pinside over this. Imagine if the Americans were paying our prices...!

Just been on the pinside thread. 17 pages of people moaning about a spinning disc. Get a GRIP people. Wish they were more supportive of their American manufacturers. Doesn't make sense.

I think I've upset pinside. Did a post on PoTC and people are going mad. Funny. If I keep this up people may start asking if I'm the new @Neil McRae Ha Ha
Seems that you just went back for more. Not sufficiently entertained by the 10 responses about your initial comment, you've goaded them further with apple and car analogies. It's like poking them with a stick.

I know. I can't help it, sorry. Good job I'm in another country or someone might start a mass shooting. Shall I mention gun laws? Better not. How dare I talk about Saint Apple.

Bloody hell Tucks, someone's dug out one of your old posts about Heighway Pinball. You've definitely upset the locals

They really don't have a sense of humor. Crying over 3 spinning discs is mental.

Just wish they'd support their local manufacturer rather than shoot them down in flames. Heighway/Aliens/Andrew etc have all had problems but I've always wanted them to succeed. Why wouldn't I. Oh well, better do some work instead.

I haven't got much time for pinside anymore. Infact the other day was the first time in over 6 months. And then a couple guys got their panties in a bunch because I posted in a thread where people had paid for and been waiting for a guy to provide torches for bsd for 2+. Years so I was being helpful offering mine. But no they cried about it

Back
Top Bottom