What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete It's another Hook!

A couple more photos with reassembly progress... IMG_0968.JPG I put a few of @new forest pinball LED flashers in these spots under the left ramp.

IMG_0969.JPG
The skull was broken and missing the mounting bracket, so made a new one out of a bit of flat stainless and expoxied it in.

IMG_0970.JPG
Skill shot ramp polished up nicely; it's not perfect but not bad. Could do with a new set of decals, but it looks like someone has epoxied the standup plastics on at some point and got it everywhere. Luckily you don't notice it when it's all back together.

IMG_0971.JPG

Last edited:

The machine is running the latest ChadH code in the video, so you should be able to see some of the awesome improvements he has made!

Thanks for the compliments Pete, that means a lot having seen your Hook!

The ramp flaps are indeed just cleaned up, I like to use a scotchbrite wheel on a bench grinder for stuff like this, then to get the brushed effect back afterwards I wipe a scotchbrite pad over them making sure to maintain the same direction. I do have some of that gun blue but not been able to get good results myself, so have tended to just leave them silver on the last couple of machines I have done. On all the flaps on this machine I believe I put them back on upside down as the surface was better on the bottom.

For some reason I'm still spending money on this game :cuckoo:

Anyway, I love PinStadium and bright, modern games, but didn't think Hook warranted a set, especially because of the big plastic on the left that gets in the way. Therefore I made my own. Some LED tape, black PVC angle and magnetic tape and we have the below (LOTR on as example of fully incandescent game):

IMG_6529.JPGIMG_7308.JPG

They are running from the 12V supply but tied into the GI via a bridge rec/relay. Total cost 15 quid or so.

That looks great! Any chance of some close ups of what you’ve done and where it’s powered from
Thanks

Sure Tony I will when I have tidied and finalised the install, but to summarise, I made a little board that takes the 6VAC GI as input and switches a relay, so I can take a feed from the 12VDC in the game and switch it in time with the GI, hence add the additional strips.

In the mean time however, I had a little bit of LED strip left over so I made some speaker lights... really must stop with this game and do the others now haha
IMG_1100.jpg

great restore! i need to learn how to use my bench polishing wheel to get those mirror results wow!!

Just superb - I was very fond of that Hook, I just got so frustrated with never managing to get all the niggles sorted out - if only I had your skills.

But seeing it now is great, well done on a brilliant restore.

Back
Top Bottom