What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this a record dry spell for pin sales??

Also think that in a rising market, people that are not desperate to sell just keep hold of their games in the hope of possibly making more bucks later.

I dont want to sell because I know I wont be able to replace the game.
You can get a brand new Alien for five quid less !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yea but you could go pick that sttng up tomorrow,
Alien still isnt even in production yet

yea but you could go pick that sttng up tomorrow,
Alien still isnt even in production yet
Whereas Alien feels like it would be (close) to worth it, whereas, good as STTNG is as a game, it definitely is not in 2017.
Though you're of course right, here's hoping Heighway can meet demand...

Yep. I am guilty if hoarding..... I have 3 or 4 elsewhere/in storage.

I'm starting to think that having games in storage is not a bad idea at the moment. I've got 6 games at home (4 working and 2 in progress projects) and 5 stored at my Dads so I can rotate games in and out at home when I fancy playing something different. Good way to get a bit of that new game feeling without having to buy something in the current market :)

It definitely does feel like there isn't much out there to choose from this year. I had decided that I had quite a narrow list of 5 or 6 games to buy and that I would only consider absolutely mint examples with original cabinet artwork (not a fan of re-decalled). At that rate I'll be buying one every decade.

in a few weeks (got stuff to sort out soon) and one by one as i need to space to move each new sacrifice into position, in this order .......

i'll be selling Sopranos (found another one with a beautiful cabinet to transfer my lovely playfield across into, so will be selling a UK-skill-post one with a few warped plastics but still fantastic and playing 100%, one of my all time top 5 games .... got a few folks already declared interest); then Rocky & Bullwinkle (first refusal dibbed); Gorgar (took it up to 8BF, booted and played ok then died, no idea why); Bram Stoker's Dracula (first refusal dibbed); and finally a beautiful, glorious, stunning Flash Gordon that i first want to get set up and have a few good sessions on it first, so that one not until late summer i expect

Sopranos caught my interest this year as noticed there are a fair few people with a ton of games who say it is never leaving their collection. Nice that there are still titles that are a bit off the radar.

Sopranos caught my interest this year as noticed there are a fair few people with a ton of games who say it is never leaving their collection. Nice that there are still titles that are a bit off the radar.
Each to their own.

Dark depressing game in my opinion.....ugly as hell with the single worst translite in pinball history. I dont think I have ever enjoyed playing it. Everything about it makes me want to puke.

Each to their own.

Dark depressing game in my opinion.....ugly as hell with the single worst translite in pinball history. I dont think I have ever enjoyed playing it. Everything about it makes me want to puke.
I agree with you until you mention about the translight ...
Sorry but WPT takes that crown :D

Or this one lol.Sector.jpg

Some of their other translites are so **** they're actually funny, and therefore oddly not quite so ****: Raven, GoldWings etc.

I've always liked the Genesis picture. What exactly is going on in it? Is Einstein going through a goth girl phase? What exactly is the dwarf doing? is it a gimp thing?

Surely this is a contender for the most pointless translight...... Has anyone ever gone to the trouble of finishing playing their game and then putting this over the screen?

upload_2017-4-23_6-59-33.png

I've never seen the Soprano's but I'm guessing they're not very happy people?

Even the alternative translites are miserable:

alternate_sopranos_translite.jpg sopranos-01.jpg

Or this one lol.View attachment 44585

Some of their other translites are so **** they're actually funny, and therefore oddly not quite so ****: Raven, GoldWings etc.

I had intentions to replace some of mine but now I like them. Proper 80's stuff and love TX and Robowar art. The Raven gun chick looks like she has a sewn on arm on mine..... Spring Break is gonna have the faces changed to well-known pinheads. :D

Each to their own.

Ladies and gentlemen, in the red corner weighing in at 300 lbs we have Popeye and in the right corner weighing in at 250lbs, Sopranos.
Popeye has the weight advantage but word on the street is that he is a bit of a plodder;)
Fight!!!! FNF-Popeye3.jpg

Temp swaps are a great thing, off the top of my head I have borrowed a MET master of puppets, fishtails, Tron, Baywatch, WOZ, Avengers, PTOC, Batman TDK, 24, Ironman, BOP 2.0, Elvis, LOTR etc,etc I currently have a TWDLE here. A lot of these are games I wouldn't buy but the chance to use them without parting with £ is great and it is good for the other party as well because they get to borrow something of mine.

P.S. Forgot to ad Popeye to the list of fantastic borrowed games above ;)

Your a middle man on the endless circuit of pinball trafficking

This thread is getting funnier every day, keep it up fellas.

Re Sopranos - yes, these are miserable grumpy buggers all throughout all 86 episodes, I don't think I can remember anyone laughing at any point in any scene in any episode and I'm wracking my brain here. But that's not the point, it was the best TV series ever ever ever for me, it even (just) pipped Breaking Bad. They're mobsters, they steal and murder and eat lots of Italian food. The translite (backglass. What's the difference anyway) is the only bit of the cabinet that's not monochrome and I prefer it to the B&W ones shown above. The playfield has a fan layout reminiscent of MB and the whole game is extremely honest and reminiscent of the show, all the modes ('episodes') are nice reminders of storylines, and all the music and call outs are straight outta Joisey.

Re Genesis, I think the game is about creating a monster from body parts so presumably the girl is the monster, the little guy (is that David Rappaport) is Igor, and the wild hair guy is the mad scientist.

Gottlieb definitely made the craziest transbackliteglasses, I was admiring a few at 8BF and scratching my head.

Yep. I am guilty if hoarding..... I have 3 or 4 elsewhere/in storage. Not desperate to sell and also reluctant to let go as couldn't justify ever replacing them, if I wanted to, in the current hyper inflated market.

Think that's one of the key questions, is this an inflated market and if so how long will it last. As long as people think it is (and i personally don't think so given stern/CGC/JJP are selling new for 8K) then folks will think twice about selling. if this is the new norm (and its the only norm for me!) then in theory like houses whilst your house might be worth double since 5 years ago, sadly anything you want to buy has also doubled!).

Neil.

And for a first time buyer you might soon need a deposit and a mortgage to get on the pinball ownership ladder :(

Think that's one of the key questions, is this an inflated market and if so how long will it last. As long as people think it is (and i personally don't think so given stern/CGC/JJP are selling new for 8K) then folks will think twice about selling. if this is the new norm (and its the only norm for me!) then in theory like houses whilst your house might be worth double since 5 years ago, sadly anything you want to buy has also doubled!).

Neil.

Bear in mind that pretty much exactly the same discussion about pinball price inflation has been going on since before this forum started back in 2011 ;)

Back
Top Bottom