What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this a record dry spell for pin sales??

It's why most of mine come from overseas these days. Bally/Wiliams/Stern frenzies with overpriced machines all over Ebay.... or maybe they aren't so overpriced anymore? :hmm:

Was thinking the same thing. It has got to the point where you daren't sell a game unless you have already sealed the deal for a replacement.

Also there is little incentive to sell with prices going upwards.

And going to guess there will be less NIB sales at current prices so yet another factor.

I would think this would lead to more trades but doesn't seem to be the case.

Just seen a Family Guy on Gumtree for £4K (dunno if reasonable):

https://www.gumtree.com/p/hobbies-collectibles/family-guy-pinball-table-for-sale/1232132768

Indy 500 for £2K, I sold mine for £1,300 few years back, so maybe reasonable with offer made. At least postage is only £2.90 :D:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INDIANAPO...472516?hash=item2a800587c4:g:TLIAAOSwWWxY92Gv

and then there's this o_O:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WILLIAMS-...486972?hash=item1ec58ec4fc:g:6-EAAOSwopRYe1A0

Yep, little on here though.

Last edited:
We need more imports to meet the demand. Get them in while we're still in the EU.

Extremely quiet :( Looks like it's back to trawling Europe and the associated risks and ball ache that comes with that! My last two purchases have been arcade machines :thumbs:

£6k for a STTNG! Crazy money. I like it as a game but would rather pay extra for a NIB.

Was thinking the same thing. It has got to the point where you daren't sell a game unless you have already sealed the deal for a replacement.

Also there is little incentive to sell with prices going upwards.

And going to guess there will be less NIB sales at current prices so yet another factor.

I would think this would lead to more trades but doesn't seem to be the case.

More space to put games (more purpose built games rooms), in more places (more people wanting games), with less reasons to sell (more people who don't need to sell, or won't for reasons mentioned).

I'm guilty of not wanting to sell a game after another deal fell through, because then i'm sat with cash but no games for sale, or the games i want are now inflated in value so i can't afford them.

I think they'll be MORE new games sales as there's a new cash-rich buyer around now. They want working, mint and a warranty. If i had the money i'd buy new too, but sadly not.

With this being said
Can I have peoples opinions
As I now don't know what to do for game choices.
MET PREM -NIB
Played an LE I think, quite enjoyed it
CV - played it, friend has one
AFM LE - chance to get in on an LE, will most probably do it anyway
MB - played a lot, one I play is out on loan,fun game, great humour
TRON LE - played a few games, but hear opinions differ.
DIALLED IN - not played, looks great tho.
SM- played in pub a few times, and was good but...
There is too much choice... also the possibility of a STARWARS PIN from STERN

Really don't like CV. Not sure why but don't. Love SM and MB although MB is quite easy and I think long term SM will help with score/skill (if you want to get better as a tournament player) Others? Dialled In looks great and the rest are all GREAT pins.

MET - Very highly rated, will always be sought after - get in while you can as I believe we are near the end of the last NIB run.
CV - Not my cup of tea, looks nice but the gameplay bores me.
AFM LE - I'm also in on one of these, love my MMr, and AFM is equally good, probably better with the extras.
MB - Always enjoyed playing it, but heard from other owners it gets old fast.
Tron LE - One of, if not the best Stern in my opinion. Helps if you like the film and Daft Punk, and brutal gameplay.
Dialled In - Haven't played yet, considered as I'm happy with how TH turned out, but can't get over the phone theme.
SM - Good game - especially for the price they sell for, owned one for a while and would consider owning again.

Star Wars is a temptation but no more new Stern! At least until the code is proven to be decent.

an I have peoples opinions
As I now don't know what to do for game choices.
MET PREM -NIB
Played an LE I think, quite enjoyed it
CV - played it, friend has one
AFM LE - chance to get in on an LE, will most probably do it anyway
MB - played a lot, one I play is out on loan,fun game, great humour
TRON LE - played a few games, but hear opinions differ.
DIALLED IN - not played, looks great tho.
SM- played in pub a few times, and was good but...
There is too much choice... also the possibility of a STARWARS PIN from STERN

Which one do you want?

We need more imports to meet the demand. Get them in while we're still in the EU.

Extremely quiet :( Looks like it's back to trawling Europe and the associated risks and ball ache that comes with that! My last two purchases have been arcade machines :thumbs:

I've got access to about 25+ mixed machines from a reliable source I've bought and imported from many times. If I know you, would be willing to establish price, transact and import on your behalf, otherwise can put you in touch to do it yourself. Not everything works out worthwhile with 300 Euro shipping on top (or 450 for two) but then again, with prices rising..... anyway, have a partial list if you PM me, but again can only sort for people I know, trust and won't dick me about.

Last edited:
I regularly get offered stuff from Europe but it's always in such a state I wouldn't like to sell on here even as is

I'll take a Bounty Hunter and Gold Wings in 'any' condition so long as it's not been pulled from a torched skip.

The problem I have, is with prices rising, due to Stern's greed and exchange rates, so quickly for the premium/newer machines I would want (AS, DI, GoT, TWD, etc.) I just can't afford one, like many others. Buying NIB is such a lottery with code issues that people aren't taking that risk, and thus not needing to sell their current games to fund the purchase.

Furthermore, If I was to sell my WPT I'd be lucky to get £2.5k which just isn't enough to buy anything I want. I could always sell my Met Prem, but with the add-ons and work I've done on it I'd want well over £6k, even if I got that, there wouldn't be a lot left over after buying a machine I want.
So I'm one person that's out of the buying/selling chain and I guess lots of others are in the same situation. Will just have to stick to long term loan/swap deals to get to play different machines. This has worked out well for @kevlar and I, with our swap of Met and TWD.

Agree. And add in that Stern cabinets have been falling apart and all the ghosting/clear coat issues and it really is a lottery as to what you might get.

For now also out of the buying/selling chain - will just try and make each game as nice as possible and become a better player:cool:

what do people think would be a reasonable expectation to be able to sell on a NIB pro for these days ? If they now cost 6k new would asking 5k be about right ?

It seems people think they can still pick up TWD, MET etc for 4kish which is a pretty big hit on the NIB price currently.

Temp swaps are a great thing, off the top of my head I have borrowed a MET master of puppets, fishtails, Tron, Baywatch, WOZ, Avengers, PTOC, Batman TDK, 24, Ironman, BOP 2.0, Elvis, LOTR etc,etc I currently have a TWDLE here. A lot of these are games I wouldn't buy but the chance to use them without parting with £ is great and it is good for the other party as well because they get to borrow something of mine.

P.S. Forgot to ad Popeye to the list of fantastic borrowed games above ;)

All I can say is that I'm very lucky to have found a machine, much less the one I wanted, at all, in any condition, for a price I could afford. Last night I may have been dremel-tooling slots into fully stripped screws, but I'd rather have to do that than no machine at all.

The rising price of NIB stuff, increased demand in general, the buy-up from the serial games-room outfits upsellers, has all had the knock-on effect of making the bottom end vanish. Spare a thought for those of us that were too late back into this whole thing...

Back
Top Bottom