What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iron man outlanes?

Spadge

Registered
So it’s a ferociously tough and at times unfair game (a bit like GB).

I’ve noticed that the posts on the outlanes can be repositioned, presumably to make it less vicious to new players and kids.

Anyone done this? I personally like that it’s tough and has its own character as a consequence. Gets my days swearing out of the way and much calmer as a person as a result.

So it’s a ferociously tough and at times unfair game (a bit like GB).

I’ve noticed that the posts on the outlanes can be repositioned, presumably to make it less vicious to new players and kids.

Anyone done this? I personally like that it’s tough and has its own character as a consequence. Gets my days swearing out of the way and much calmer as a person as a result.
Yes Spadge. I repositioned mine so it was less brutal. It actually really improved the gameplay in my opinion. Damn thing was hard enough as it is. IM is my most missed pinball. Even more so than walking dead. Great game

I did wonder about making them less harsh when a couple of the missus grandkids were playing earlier.

I got the mid SDTM post for GB but it was still nuts harsh.

I like IM the way it is but may try repositioning to make the odds more generous.

I like the table though, very fast and flowing.
5BA5BD34-F9AD-4860-B2D9-D55C9E4A8243.jpeg

Literally repositioned them on the one I got a few weeks ago, as you say it’s a brutal game. I believe Iron Man has 4 holes and mine was set on the third one up, so nearly at the widest you can set the outlines. I moved post posts down the the 2nd hole up and whilst the game is still challenging it’s no longer an outline drain fest.

Took me maybe 30 minutes to do because you need to partially remove each ramp to alter the posts position.

Yeah mine are at the top, widest.. previous owner (no names mentioned) must have hung himself by his knackers and whacked them with a stick ;-)

Obviously a fan of punishing themselves :rofl:

That’s too brutal a setting on an already very hard game.

A lot of left lane drains on this game due to the shape of the left slingshot. The top is angled towards the lane which is unusual,not sure if it was designed like that on purpose but it certainly makes a huge difference to the difficulty compared to other games. I tried moving my left post in for a while but it felt like cheating so I ended up putting it back to factory position.

Back
Top Bottom