What's new

Iron Maiden Upper Right Flipper Sticky

Sako-TRG

Site Supporter
Gents,
I’ve got a problem with my upper right flipper.
It works but doesn’t move back to the zero stop (dot)
Upon looking at the underside I can see the mech when operational is sluggish - forgive the tech knowledge here but the picture where my finger is a gap where the mech with the sleeve thingy doesn’t hit the rubber bung thus doesn’t allow the flipper to go back to its resting position.
Is there a fix for this?
It doesn’t feel very snappy - not like the small upper left flipper, the bottom two flippers are a bit less snappy but at least they go back to the little dots ok.
Thanks in advance
B311E6EA-225E-451E-B0F2-370C3D9B4824.jpeg3FD5B018-9C9F-4112-AE1B-8B3AF947C36E.jpeg

After nearly a year of ownership mine suddenly decided to do this in the middle of my league meet. The gap between the flipper and the through playfield bush had closed up, so I slightly loosened the clamp, gently tapped the flipper shaft back up to give the required lift in the flipper ( supposedly 0.7mm but anything less than 1mm should be fine ). That was the fix for mine, check to see if you have any lift in the flipper, if there's nothing you need to do the same.

After nearly a year of ownership mine suddenly decided to do this in the middle of my league meet. The gap between the flipper and the through playfield bush had closed up, so I slightly loosened the clamp, gently tapped the flipper shaft back up to give the required lift in the flipper ( supposedly 0.7mm but anything less than 1mm should be fine ). That was the fix for mine, check to see if you have any lift in the flipper, if there's nothing you need to do the same.

Thanks Kev, mine had the same problem, just fixed it 👍

Strange that this seems to be fairly common for this particular flipper ( ok, 3 instances that we know of :rofl:) , having to gap a flipper is not exactly uncommon and anyone who has rebuilt flippers will have set the flipper lift but odd that's it's the same flipper and all the others are ok. Maybe stern took on a new right upper flipper guy on the imdn line :D.

Was the same with some Tron's which is how I got hold of mine... easier to sell it than to repair it of course...! :D

Back
Top Bottom