What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Iron Maiden or GOTG ??

Ady Pope

Registered
I am contemplating my first New in box. I want Iron Maiden but my teenage boys want GOTG! Would I be happy with either or do you guys have strong opinions either way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't got either, but IM looks way more interesting table imho and I'm not a fan of the music. GOTG has probably stronger license/image to your son as such. I'd imagine IM will holder better values as a better table.

IM is rated a lot higher by owners on another very well known and large forum... (not sure how many GOTG/IM owners we have yet)

I am contemplating my first New in box. I want Iron Maiden but my teenage boys want GOTG! Would I be happy with either or do you guys have strong opinions either way?

No brainer iron maiden by a mile!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would choose GOTG if you want to engage with your teenage boys and enjoy playing together. Don't choose something that they couldn't give a $%^t about, as you'll never get them away from the playstation/xbox!

There is alot of hype over iron maiden at the mo, because the layout is somewhat of a move for stern and its the latest title, but in terms of overall enjoyment i dont think theres much to choose from them. I myself have a GOTG pro. The layout, shots, rules and humour really makes it a fun challenge. Most stern games are similar in bom total, and rules, though some do get dropped early bizarrely (aerosmith, kiss, wof etc)

I also have been a life long iron maiden fan, but i don't see the point in trading the gotg currently.

Get a GOTG now, then IM sometime down the line when you've enough money or space for a 2nd pin or if your boys have had enough of GOTG or moved out..! :cool:

Buy one... Get a loan for the other...

Both are outstanding in their own ways... Both have great coding, depth and both are extremely fun and addictive!

Play both with your boys first, GOTG is a cool theme but some find it tough to get in to as the shots are quite narrow. Can be a post fest if your aim is off!

I have played both recently and I'd have to say Iron Maiden for me !! reckon that Iron Maiden will go down as a classic Stern release in Years to come , best new Stern since TWD imo ....

I played Guardians pro at the Scottish play expo. Unfortunately I couldn’t get on it as much as I would have liked however the games I did have, I found it to be a very smooth playing pin.. shots were good. Not played IM. But if you’ve got kids and you want a game for them to play I’d say Guardians. IM is more for the hardcore player..

I think a trip over to tilt might be in order to get a look at both?

If the goal is to get your kids into Pinball then GOTG is a better choice - if it’s about the best game then In my view IM is the choice even with the ****ty music.

If the goal is to get your kids into Pinball then GOTG is a better choice - if it’s about the best game then In my view IM is the choice even with the ****ty music.

What is the point of playing an iron maiden themed game if you dont even like the music ?? I just dont understand this, but i've said this before when people rave on about walking dead and haven't even watched the show. I maintain that a game that you engage with from knowing more about from the theme is vastly more enjoyable than something you dont care about regardless of what the rule set is

Maybe its just me

What is the point of playing an iron maiden themed game if you dont even like the music ?? I just dont understand this, but i've said this before when people rave on about walking dead and haven't even watched the show. I maintain that a game that you engage with from knowing more about from the theme is vastly more enjoyable than something you dont care about regardless of what the rule set is

Maybe its just me

I'm obsessed with Ghostbusters (the film). I've must have seen it 100+ times over the years. I own a screen accurate proton pack. Peter Venkman is my favourite movie character of all time. I owned the pin and despite some initially positive thoughts didn't like it after a while and certainly wouldn't own one again.

When IMDN was announced I was quick to jump on the theme and backed up Neil's 'Dad rock' comments. Months later I bought the game and it absolutely blows GB out of the water. Like it isn't even close. I can't stop playing it. Theme has it's place but great pinball is great pinball

Maybe its just me

Its just you Jim lol- just kidding, the theme is definitely a secondary concern, a good game, is a good game; I do agree that a game where you love the theme and love the game adds something. I don't watch the walking dead yet its one of my favourite games. I love batman66 both the theme and the game. Ghostbusters the game is ok but the theme makes up for it.

When I look at Metallica, Aerosmith and Kiss and play them I don't like the game and the themes just make it even worse. Actually aerosmith I like but the game I just don't rate (mostly because I can't make the lock shot lol).

With Iron Maiden; the quality of the game play is just out of this world and I can ignore the music (or even turn it down). I am working on Disco Maiden :D

Iron maiden is different to other music pins in my view in that the music isn't directly linked to the game play.

Neil.

Back
Top Bottom