What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iron Maiden is next Stern pin!

another thing to watch out for on the pro; the weld on the left ramp near where it drops the ball back onto the playfield is poorly done causing two issues, on worse cases the ball will hop into the outlane and drain - I had this happen to me on the game at NYCPC but didn't think much of it. In other cases its badly scratching the balls (which will cause playfield damage).

The Premium/LE looks pretty crap from a switch point of view, the Orb and Sarcophagus mechs need a lot of switches to be adjusted to people even resorting to changing the switches completely.

Neil.
Really disappointing to see people experiencing issues straight out of the box but not really that surprising given sterns QC issues of late.

Similar issues that Williams/Bally used to get when new , teething trouble, switch adjustments etc. were pretty common back then too, only not too many home buyers reporting on forums!

Similar issues that Williams/Bally used to get when new , teething trouble, switch adjustments etc. were pretty common back then too, only not too many home buyers reporting on forums!
Fair and valid point, I guess back then guys would just grumble a bit and get on with it but now it's a race to have a good whinge on pinside! Most ops back then could fiddle with their eyes closed (snigger) to get a pin back making money on site but now most buyers are home use that expect 100% working when you're paying the same kinda money as you would for a car. And that is a fair point too, prices have gone up and buyers are home users so the product should be working 100% and tested. I'm not talking about a screw or connector vibrating loose in transit but more about major pf mechanisms needing replacement. What's the equivalent of a pinball switch on a car? Indicator? Wiper? Id be bummed if they didn't work driving off the showroom floor, let alone a major component like the door not opening!

Back in the day weren't the machines commissioned/setup by a Tech when installed? (@Jay Walker mentions this type of work). Seemingly the market has moved on with significant huo sales and this step is now missing.

My pal who lives in the US has hit pretty much every reported snag with his LE (mummy captive ball adjust etc) and not too chuffed having to sort them, rake through forums etc - perhaps he's the first Brit outside the band allocated machines to have an LE.:thumbs:.

That was the practice with my employer, who made a point of having pinball available (even then many ops had pulled out of doing so) and of having them working properly. It wasn't an industry-wide procedure, I heard of some cases where an op had a new machine delivered to a location, unpacking it on the spot. Asking for trouble, I thought

its good to know but it seems so variable and avoidable.

Neil.

Martin can't get my game to me this week unfortunately, gutted! I'm dying to play it!

Hadfields are cheaper and faster but their system of one days notice for daytime delivery can be a headache for most who work during the day (that’s the reason I guess)

There's trouble with access and Hadfields use big lorries apparently. Shame as I still don't have it. The wait is killing me!

Yeah pretty shocking - luckily those things if we do have issues Phil is usually on the case PDQ. Have to say though the volume of fiddling folks are having to do on this machine is a bit disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spent lunchtime trying to make some room, already 1 too many, another one wont fit anywhere, so looks like 1 in 1 out, either a video cab or Dracula out, or even both

ACDC art blades look great....custom topper not so much!

Can't believe you don't like topper foam.Really sets the translite off.
If you need some it's £50 a metre because I like you. :thumbs:
Art blades will eventually get swapped out for some of peteb better quality versions.
TWD will get some first though.

Does anyone else think that pic makes Jesse looks almost midget size!? I met him this week and he is bigger in real life!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom