What's new

Insert bulbs - White or colour matched?

it works, it just doesn't;'t make one iota of difference :D

Strange, I put my ledocd into my TOM last night and without even attaching it to a computer the difference is really noticeable. You either have it passed through as monkeyboypaul said or you are using non ghosting bulbs.
Gregory from Comet steered me away from buying non ghosting bulbs when I was buying the ledocd and he was right to do so.
He saved me a pile of money as well, he’s a top man and Comet led’s are well worth the money.

Last edited:
hmm maybe thats it. The LEDs in my ToM I didn't put in. I'll get some from Comet. Gregory is a top dood!

hmm maybe thats it. The LEDs in my ToM I didn't put in. I'll get some from Comet. Gregory is a top dood!

So, back to the original question white or colour matched.... I’m putting warm whites in later this weekend I’ll try to get some before and after shots or videos as I have cool whites and a few colour matched in at the mo.

NEVER COLOUR GI!

I personally have coloured inserts on SS and white GI, with the rotating colour LED on the Telepethetic power light and think it looks fab, have personally gone white on the backbox though as think colouring that looks tacky as hell

NEVER COLOUR GI!
Stern do! It’s even a Premium-only thing. Met Prem, TWD prem, XMEN LE.

Keep an eye on Total Lightshow mod development too, some really interesting RGB GI effects coming for TWD Pro. It’s already great in Met Pro now, without RGB.

Does it look good when they do it though @Monkeyboypaul - because a lot of privately done ones don't
TWD and MET absolutely!

There’s static GI colour for colour’s sake, which looks ********, and then there’s the varying colouration from Stern which works well and is used appropriately for the most part.

£400 for the TWD light mod, if it is the same as ACDC - unjustifiable for me at that price. Could get an EM project for that. Heck, you could probably get a nice working EM for that.

I've always colour matched the inserts. It looks great when you get it right. A real pain in the **** when you don't. I think I'd probably just use a cool/warm white for all inserts now.

Back
Top Bottom