What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Importing from Germany

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
After some advice please.

Looking to order some (non-pinball) Components from Germany - probably around €230 worth. Company wont send direct to the UK after brexit.
They will ship to a third party forwarder, however will have to charge me VAT. This means i would end up paying Vat to them, and then also on import to the UK.
Obviously something i'm not over-happy about.

Short of jumping on a plane and bringing back in my hand luggage, something which is for personal use (not for sale) i presume i can bring back since under customs limit of £390, anyone got any ideas?
From what i read, unless you are a business, claiming the VAT back from Germany/EU is near on impossible??

It's over 100 parts - with some not available easilly in the UK. I guess worst case i could order what i can elsewhere (will take several hours to throw them in), and then just order the stuff i cant get anywhere else from them and pay VAT twice on the smaller amount, however it is MUCH easier to get all from one source!

Not trying to diddle the system - Just trying to find a fair way to get something back.... Any advice appreciated!

Cheers
Paul

had to do the same and paid double VAT.

Yay Brexit!

When do we start reaping the benefits of this great new world? :D

Reactions: JT.
Back
Top Bottom