What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Importing a Stern Meteor

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

Anyone imported a Pinball of this era / type from the US? Stern MPU-200. Concerned about 110v to 220V on it given the fact it’s a 1979 designed machine.

Been looking for one in the U.K. for a while but nothing coming up.

Cheers,
Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm surprised there aren't any to be found in the u.k. - I think it was Stern's first large consignment here, and was plentiful at the time. Maybe owners are hanging on to the surviving ones

Don't worry about voltage change, the transformer can be adapted for 220V by changing connections on the primary side, along with the varistor

Last edited:
there are definitely a few in the UK one was sold in 2016 but can't find anyone who has one to event talk to. Just heard paisley pinball might have one so emailed them.

thanks Jay.

Neil.

Thanks!

Yeah he had listed for sale so assume he sold it!

There was a bloke over here in Northern Ireland that was selling a pin a few years ago with a meteor in the background I messaged him about the meteor, he said he would sell it but I think he was looking silly money (or I was being tight) I didn’t buy it. I will have a hoke and see if I can find the emails as he may still have it

Cheers
Ian

How costly is it to bring a pin in from the states ?, exchange rate getting better by the day

How costly is it to bring a pin in from the states ?, exchange rate getting better by the day

well it’s the 20% vat import duty. on top of the shipping.......i found shipping seems to be £900-£2,600. depending who you use and how fast you want it. there is a much cheaper option to get a share in a container shipment using those guys who import a lot of pins and arcade games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my clients pay me USD so not such an issue.

There was a bloke over here in Northern Ireland that was selling a pin a few years ago with a meteor in the background I messaged him about the meteor, he said he would sell it but I think he was looking silly money (or I was being tight) I didn’t buy it. I will have a hoke and see if I can find the emails as he may still have it

Cheers
Ian
thanks Ian.

Back
Top Bottom