What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If your favorite pin were to break.. do you have the parts to fix it ??

bartron

Site Supporter
what spare parts do you 'carry', when I first started in the hobby, if something broke I normally bought 2 or 3 of the same, If my Dredd broke I have enough game specific stuff to make another game... including backbox decals.
smile-1.png

Some bulbs, led's and balls. Then a few game specific bits.....new ss plastics for Whirlwind (waiting to be fitted), spare ss plastics and a spare ramp sign for WCS. Also a full rubber kit for WCS that I still haven't got round to fitting
smile-1.png

With the amount of spares I carry I could build another pinball machine. Ney two.

Thats two spare cabs normal and widebody + backboxes boards for both wms and wms-95, looms galore + transformers (not the movie) + you get the picture.

I need a bigger place. Thats the only problem with this hobby, it takes over.

Thing is its finding what you need. You know you have it but where the hell its stored, my file system is getting better but still not perfect.

what about tools??

Oh yeah, forgot about those. Nutdriver and screwdriver set, allen key set, solder station, multimeter, pliers, loads of cleaning stuff......and a very nice persuading and adjustment tool, also known as a hammer
biggrin-1.png

Kit wise I've got pretty much everything I could ever need for board repair, probably and some, although I am finding my vast array of video games spares don't cross over too well. Mechanically, a few bulbs, a rubber kit for BK2K and I do have a habit of not throwing away stuff that's been removed so I have the old iffy drawbridge target bank and motor from about 10 years ago and a broken wire form. Really must get out of that habit and just chuck stuff!!

I find I buy an extra (or two or three) of the things I need when I order. For game specific items everything is usually on hold until the delivery arrives. That's when I get the Novus out!

Bulbs, fuses, common electronic components, some rubbers etc yes.

I have loads of screws, posts, wiring , switches etc from refurbs and scrapped games.

Anything I don't have, always a good chance that Dave Roberts round the corner has it eg yesterday need a U20 chip - he had a whole box
biggrin-1.png

Very few game specific parts - basically once its fixed properly or replaced sooooo unlikely to happen again in home use is my theory.

Not really until I think it might be a keeper.

I have started collecting tons of Noflix Led's and am forever trying different combinations in inserts to try and get best effect:)

I'm a hoarder
tongue-1.png
7 playfields, spare cab, siderails, 8 plastic sets, 20 different sets of slings, 30 flipper rebuild kits, 300 of each lamp, 80 of each flasher, coin doors, transformers, wiring looms, playfield glass, cab art. Spare WPC and WPC 95 boards, spare DMDs, leg sets plus loads and loads of hardware, it's bonkers the amount of stuff I've bought "just in case"
biggrin-1.png

I think I have a spare slingshot for one of mine, and lots of bulbs

really need some transistors and some more opto's, used the ones I had spare on the TZ last week. have to grab some at the next show!

Back
Top Bottom