What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If You like Pina Coladas...

Ohhh....cool!....backglass looks fantastic! Nice game Dave! Played the pro and me and my lad jack loved it....great fun..the groot multiball is very satisfying...and you can keep it going for ages! (If u got the skills;)) What playfield differences are there @Dave Bishop apart from the hands? (Do these obscure the orb shot and the rocket shot?) also I believe there is more tHan the one magnet ..........:thumbs:

Not much to be honest..
GROOT Hands- they look good, not too much of a distraction really, obscure the Rocket shoot a bit, can’t see the insert flashing
ROCKET- the figure recoils when you shoot the kickback
ORB - the Orb is motorised, opens and closes.
MAGNETS- there are 3, but so far I think one has been coded, I was expecting TAF magnet action, but so far nothing like it
Are the Instruction Cards lit on the pro?

The black glass is really nice, oh and a shaker motor... that’s it, not worth the £3000 more from a Pro to an LE, but

Last edited:
Got to round or level 2 on a couple of modes and am a little confused as to the rules. Starts a kind of bonus round I think for example what I saw was

Pod chase: 10 super ramps lit
Sibling rivalry : 100 super spinners lit

Seems though that the mode start is lit and if the ball accidently goes in there you can't then return to a level 2 mode as its marked as completed??

Also why super spinners as level 2 on a pro game?

Gonna be really challenging to get to the end of this game but that is a good thing (for now)

full rgb lighting on premium and le the groot arms do get i the way a bit like most le not worth the extra money but a bit nicer its an awesome game though pro or le cross between metalica and iron man and the display looks mega be quick if you want one only one pro left at ph

Bit confused as to the rules as well..

I turned off the option to start mode as soon as start is pressed.
Needs more custom speech to direct player I feel.
Still early days.. but I’m liking it so far

Anyone else getting some serious left out lane drains.. bounces off the drop target and goes left.. pain in the ****!

Ok so here's my best go so far. 6 movie modes completed! And a 32 million double super jackpot in groot multiball! :)

IMG_0651.jpg IMG_0656.JPG

----Don't ready below if you don't want to know what happens after you complete certain modes----

I've worked out now what happens when you reach 'level 2' on some of the other modes, though there are some bugs and work still to do on the code by the look of it

Pod Chase 2 - left and right ramps
Sibling Rivalry 2- spinners
Quills Quest 2 - Nothing at the mo, just ends mode once completed afaict
Sanctuary 2 - Pop bumpers (I noticed that if you time out the sanctuary 1 mode after a few shots then it appears to complete it and allow progression to sanctuary 2)
Knowhere 2 - Outer loops (but the gates don't open!)

Tilts GOTG is arriving at my house tomorrow for a stay before hitting the bar on Saturday along side POTC

Hoping to get some good game play with my boys :)

Machine came yesterday but loads on with paperwork for Tilt but a fair few games in with the kids which is nice to see them detected from the iPad and consoles for some family fun!

Love the theme and song list is superb
Love the Groots Head Lock... Really fun and visually impressive
Has STERN moved to a different way of printing the play field seems different... Not as good as previous machines... Will check when I have it next to Star Wars on Saturday
Not overly impressed with the modes, they are a cut and paste from Aerosmith but theme makes up for it... Hope they improve it over coding updates
Rocket shot is a bugger makes Death Star shot seem easy!

Overall really like the machine with some coding updates its a keeper :)

Has STERN moved to a different way of printing the play field seems different... Not as good as previous machines...
r

Eh? :hmm:

What are you taking about? I've seen every game stern has released since they were data east and this artwork package is the best quality i've seen yet. The colour vibrancy and quality of the print is amazing, much better than even ghostbusters was. In my mind this area is one place stern really has stepped up its game and whoever they use for printing needs a few beers buying! Top quality job

Looks digital printed over the regular screen printed...

You can see banding on the play field artwork that cannot happen when screen printed... Mate does it for a living he has commented on it also

I agree with Jim on the artwork being amazing, but I did wonder about the printing on a machine I saw at IAAPA.

maybe they've gone down a cheaper route on paint and colour given the cheap route on clearcoats went bad!

When you look at SW you can see lines like these, but they are wider.. first I thought it was how. The clear was applied :(

They’ve been using cymk print since 1995 and the sega days. Spot screen printing died along time ago, though jpop tried to bring it back.... My view is the artwork quality has gone up over recent years (look at Austin powers and compare!) and the colours used seem much more vibrant than ever before. Previously they were always rather ‘pastely’ and even ghostbusters inks were on the softer side.

I've said already but i really believe playfield and cabinet art plus printing is one area stern has upped its game massively. Also remember no-one plays a game with their eye 1 inch from the playfield!! :rofl:

Clearcoat is spot on and the inserts on the pro are really nice colours to with all the arrow shots being clear for RGB. Each arrow shot has an outline drawing of each character's face. Really nice touch.

Playfield shots

IMG_0699.jpg
IMG_0700.jpg IMG_0701.jpg IMG_0702.JPG IMG_0703.JPG IMG_0704.JPG IMG_0705.JPG IMG_0706.JPG IMG_0707.JPG IMG_0708.JPG

Cab art

IMG_0709.jpg IMG_0710.JPG

I've said already but i really believe playfield and cabinet art plus printing is one area stern has upped its game massively. Also remember no-one plays a game with their eye 1 inch from the playfield!! :rofl:

Clearcoat is spot on and the inserts on the pro are really nice colours to with all the arrow shots being clear for RGB. Each arrow shot has an outline drawing of each character's face. Really nice touch.

Playfield shots

View attachment 57488
View attachment 57489 View attachment 57490 View attachment 57491 View attachment 57492 View attachment 57493 View attachment 57494 View attachment 57495 View attachment 57496 View attachment 57497

Cab art

View attachment 57498 View attachment 57499

Sorry to disappoint currently at EAG and the GOTG there the playfield is so much better then to one I have...

So major QC issue I reckon

With the cost of these things, I don't see the problem in demanding a bit of quality control. If the print quality in the pictures from Tilt's game is the best it can get that would be one thing (it's still pretty good to be fair) but if there's variance then...

Dead flip stream now!

Live playing of latest gotg pro at texas with major code rules updates and loads of really nice graphics to :)

Back
Top Bottom