What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I should have been on here long time ago?

69er

Registered
hello I am 69er from mid Cheshire in the UK .. a veteran pinball owner with over 40 years experience in fixing/restoring/servicing pinball and in fact all types of amusement machines
I have in the past been and still, self employed as an owner - operator in the amusement industry and also employed by one of the biggest pinball distributor sales / operators in the uk in the 1980s/90s as an engineer
in that capacity I experienced many of my favourites brand new as I serviced them in pubs and on motorways (Jurassic park, Indiana jones, Addams fam, Twighlight Zone etc) some of which I have owned at home
I have owned over 100 tables and still have several, one of which I still have sited on just 10p play OWNED IT SINCE almost new in 1978 (e/m made in 1977)
I was a PINBALL OWNERS ASSOC member from 1980 -2008 and currently also visit UKVAC forum and what was Jamma plus where I regularly helped with technical stuff .
Maybe some of you will know me already from there ? I have decided to use the same user ID as those forums and may be able to help owners on here with my knowledge, parts, manuals etc. if available
I consider I have had one of the best occupations a pinball enthusiast could have and although not so avid collectors as years ago, my wife and I both still enjoy a good silverball challenge.

some people I have met and conversed with say I should perhaps be on here ….. tho they say that too about mpumecca to me ? I think I do probably belong in this group and will see how welcome I am?

Welcome 69er, so we don't need to tell you that pinball machines breed once you've got one home?

Welcome 69er, so we don't need to tell you that pinball machines breed once you've got one home?

Yes thanks they seem to 'clone each other too'...…… which is worse :D I ve had 5 zacc queens castles ( maybe still one in the workshop) I had 3 or 4 Addams (one NEW in BOX) and at least 2 or maybe 3 Williams Magic city … my 60s childhood addition table and I still have one buried here somewhere ……….and a whole tribe of Lethal Weapon 3. and Streetfighters I cant recall what I did to stop them breeding cutting off their food supply helps ,,, ( HIDE ALL SPARE MONEY) but odd ones were sadly sterilised by naked flame in the end...……. :sad: I don't enjoy cremating anything and have even swapped whole cabinets to rid furniture beetle (woodworm)……

Just thinking back I am sure that my most prolific single model was perhaps hyperball with the rapid fire multiple small balls ( not as great game but I was offered a clearance lot of around 20+ from stretton leisure but only able to fit about 8 on the vehicle I took to collect them at a tenner each.) a couple of them never ever went any further....……same trip I picked up 3 Williams 'Flash' too and a S'Mario trashed but complete...…. THOSE OPPORTUNITY OFFERS NEVER HAPPEN THESE DAYS..... I picked up loads of old e/ms ( hence the QCs ) from Assoc leisure too when electronics got popular , they were all you could take away at £25 each ABOUT a year or two later I went to work for that company but all the e/m stuff was long gone

Welcome aboard.

Great stories. Always good to have old pros on the site.

Thankyou for the welcome messages...….. and as stated in replies above its quite nice to see and recognise several members on here from the other forums ……. it sort of makes you feel right at home … I AM ALWAYS AT HOME RELATING TO PINBALLS ………… I had looked at a few posts as a visitor before I registered and I too recognised people from the other forums also I was actually fairly surprised how many serious collectors live up here in the north west too.

Back
Top Bottom