What's new

I purchased a 2nd hand Arcadeland machine. HDD problems?

Stuartcheese

Registered
I purchased a practically mint Arcadeland Virtual Pinball machine. Saw it working. Moved it and now having problems. Machine fires up. Menus all displaying no problem, but when you try to play a table they tend to sort of half load up and with no sound on, you can hear what to me sounds like a HDD spinning but not getting up to speed. I just wondered if anyone else has experience of Arcadeland machines? My stab in the dark is the system and software is on the machine and the tables are on a 2nd HDD that's not reading. I could be talking nonsense on that last bit. Thanks Stuart

But they are "THE UK’S NO. 1 VIRTUAL PINBALL MACHINE MANUFACTURER".......... :rofl:

I purchased a practically mint Arcadeland Virtual Pinball machine. Saw it working. Moved it and now having problems. Machine fires up. Menus all displaying no problem, but when you try to play a table they tend to sort of half load up and with no sound on, you can hear what to me sounds like a HDD spinning but not getting up to speed. I just wondered if anyone else has experience of Arcadeland machines? My stab in the dark is the system and software is on the machine and the tables are on a 2nd HDD that's not reading. I could be talking nonsense on that last bit. Thanks Stuart
Stuart,
Im more into mame arcade but I believe there are overlaps.

If you do happen to have 2x hard drives the first would be an operating system eg windows or linux

2nd hard drive should have the front end for the tables and contain the tables.

Might be worth explaining ‘sort of half load up’ does it try to load and fail.
Can you see /play the tables but have no sound.

If the table loads then I doubt the hard drive is at fault. The emulator may need to be reconfigured.

If it is just a sound issue. Moving the table may have dislodged a speaker cable.
Open the cabinet and check all connections.

If the builder responds it would be worthwhile getting an ssd version of the system which will
Mean it boots and responds significantly faster.

As far as self diagnosis There should be a usb somewhere you can plug in a keyboard. There are mini keyboards on amazon for around
10 quid which have a built in touchpad. You should be able to get into the background of the system
Reconfigure the front end or emulators

AL

Back
Top Bottom