What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hydraulic platform trolley for moving pins

davejuk

Registered
Can anyone recommend a hydraulic platform trolley for moving pins? Or another device?

There are loads like this one available but it looks like the handle would get in the way?

Advice appreciated! Thanks

I have a yellow one rated for 150kg for setting up and down and a big red one for moving stuff around . I waited for an eBay 20% off promo and snapped the yellow one up for £160 delivered. The bigger ones don't fit between the legs on most pins so most folks go for a 150kg one

Thanks for the replies.

Moving it with your back sounds like a terrible idea! These things weigh what 120kg?

steve: I'm guessing the 150kg yellow one you're referring to is a TF15?

When you say setting up and down, do you mean just getting the legs on?

I want to be able to easily load/unload from the van and move it up the garden path into the house. No steps. Is it really necessary to have 2 lifts?

We have a 2000sq ft space so a bigger one is helpful when moving machines into position but the smaller ones are better for getting a game in / out back of cars and setting up putting legs on

I had the Clarke 300kg one that was fantastic for moving pins and especially lifting up to my 4x4 and just sliding it in place, however it’s a big heavy thing in its own right and maybe one of those smaller jobs may have done. Just make sure it slides right under to get a good point of balance I tried one before the Clarke that didn’t lift from the center when sliding in from the front legs and required you to hold the front down or it would tip off the back.

I've got one of these:

The fold down handle is great as you can easy store it under a wide bodied machine. Word of warning - they are very heavy...! Made the mistake of lifting one in to a car on my own before now... :eek:

I have the safety lifting gear scissor lift (300kg I think), used it many times over the past few years. Handle folds, can be stored under any pin. Yes it could do with being a bit longer, but there's a knack to it, putting weight on the front while lifting stops the back from dropping. Easier with the backbox down, weight is better distributed, and even easier lifting from the back of the pin. And as said above, very heavy item, lifting and transporting into vehicles can be tricky.

Yes, very useful piece of kit. I have the 150kg yellow hydraulic table lift with folding handle. Fits between pin legs fine. Pin balances safely (head up or down) with the table lift in from the head end. For moving in tight spaces on level floors I use one of the motorbike scissor lifts platforms (on wheels).

Yes, very useful piece of kit. I have the 150kg yellow hydraulic table lift with folding handle. Fits between pin legs fine. Pin balances safely (head up or down) with the table lift in from the head end. For moving in tight spaces on level floors I use one of the motorbike scissor lifts platforms (on wheels).
I looked at one of them bike lifts for indoors how are they?

Motorbike lift works ok for how I use it in my pin cabin - supplementary tool for shuffling pins in tight spaces (don't we all run out of room..!!) and as a 'pinjack' if I want to easily swap out legs or take cabinet down to remove pf. The platform top is capped with nonslip rubber mat but is smaller (about 35X40cm) than the trolley table so I spread the load with a piece of ply and once you find the centre of gravity it balances ok. For a slower descent just tap the hydraulic release lever...…!

Any recommendations as to where to get a well priced lift of some sort? Had a look on eBay but nothing jumping out at me under £200. I’d ideally like to find something that allows me to raise n lower the table while i put the legs on without needing an extra pair of hands. Driving force behind this is a RFM which got delivered yesterday and its heavier than anything else i’ve got and i’m having to wait til some friends come round just so i can get the legs on.

Can you lift it from the side?

If not, for £200 you're pretty much looking at the TF15 (check eBay) which can go between the legs at the front, but isn't long enough to lift it from the front without pushing down on the lockbar. Not sure I'd feel safe doing that with no legs on.

Longer bed ones tend to be wider, so you can't get between the legs except on a widebody.

If it’s for moving and lifting pins to a car the £200 one on eBay is the way to go. However if it’s just to move pins around at home that sit in a lineup then you can’t go wrong with one of these for £61
You then make a small bench/chair/storage to bridge the gap and spread the weight better under the pin
As all the casters swivel you can move all directions which the £200 trolley proves to be very limited in tight spaces and even worse a bugger to lift and store when not in use. This sits permanently under one of my pins :thumbs::thumbs:

This
78AC49A9-D7E3-4A1C-AB99-748C078CAD81.jpeg

Plus this 2x1.5 quickly made bench thingy
0B77B8F3-F41D-43D9-8940-0AD29C057B8B.jpeg

Equals this handy mover, just drop head down and move underneath to middleish
2669982F-01DD-4CE8-8BC3-DDED4146BFAC.jpeg

This handy little setup works better for me than the big trolley and I now just sack barrow them to car.

It’s classed as a motorcycle scissor jack. They do hydrolic version for Twice the price but this works fine.

Looks like a clever fix and, as I posted before, I use the bigger m/cycle scissor lift as a 'pin jack' which has enough height to lift pins but you still ideally spread the load with a ply sheet or something similar under the cabinet.

Looks like a clever fix and, as I posted before, I use the bigger m/cycle scissor lift as a 'pin jack' which has enough height to lift pins but you still ideally spread the load with a ply sheet or something similar under the cabinet.
I almost went for the hydrolic pump version with extended height but it was twice the price and I just wanted a cheap n cheerful fix.
The past few month I’ve had several pins through my hands and my back is in bits. I’m just getting too old for this heavy lifting malarkey hence the jack is my fav tool in the pinball box
Now

Gents, The T15 Model..... looking at the pictures and PDFs.
It isn't clear whether the front handle lowers towards horizontal to allow clearance to push the lifting platform further under the pin closer to the middle.
Anyone know if this is achievable with this particular model?
Cheers

No, that's why I sold the one I had. It would go so far underneath the pin but not far enough to actually lift it properly. I would have to lean down on the lockdown bar in order to lift it properly, and I would not trust it to be suspended on just the platform without pushing down. I also didn't like how the upright part would rub against the decal on the front of the machine. I put felt tape on mine but still wasn't really happy about it.

I ended up buying a 300kg one which had foot controls for both lifting and lowering, which works perfectly. Sadly it doesn't look like its available to buy anymore, and the hydraulic piston on mine leaks oil pretty consistently to the point where I have to leave a kitchen towel underneath it - so I presume it's on its way out. :(

Back
Top Bottom