Site Supporter
Alias
Tim
Flippers might need a rebuild...
5771e2fab1753e41b9b0107a563d5815.jpg

Invisiglass too I see (or don’t see)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backstory to this..

Early 90s. We did a few family holidays in france. Usually camping in one of these Eurocamp/Keycamp places. Frame tent already set up, you just rock up etc.

Pretty much every site had a 'Salle de Jeux' with table football, some vids and usually 'flipper'.

One place had a brand new DESW which I was completely obsessed with. BSD too, but that bored me. The MK vid opposite had a slide-out control panel which the op hadn't locked properly, so when you pulled back on the stick the entire front opened, revealing the cashbox.

Being more the resourceful type than a thief, this very nicely fed the pin and in the process protected the ops revenue (ha..)

The pin was hard to hear, but you could stand next to it while someone else played to enjoy the awesome music.

One day the op visited on maintainance and I very quickly learnt how to say "can you turn up the volume?" which, after repeating a dozen times with upward finger gestures he eventually understood what I wanted and, with some releif, not what he initially thought.

It rocked. Just amazing. The MK coin door had been fixed on the vid, so now we had to pay, but at 10F / 3 credits it didn't matter. All the pocket money went in and then some..

Although i didn't realise until later in adult life, this is where i learnt to love Data East's BSMT signature sound and just synth in general.

Back at home, with no pins and only a beaten up TAF within 10 miles, it was hammer, nails and felt tip to feed the obsession.

It wasn't until later that decade we finally got a pin at home... Yellow Admag (sat), Pinbot, £75. The sickness of the pinball collector set in. Fire! followed. Robocop next.

That's a story for another day.

Voulez-vous elever le son? [emoji115][emoji115][emoji115]

Tim

Amazing how growing up beats this kind of innocence out of us. I can’t wait to see this again in my boy. Top story. Love it.

P.S - how has this not sold yet?

Does it come with the topper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’d love a go on this. Fancy my chances of getting Grand Champion and getting my name on it.

Dibs #3 inline. I'll take that Pin-Bot off your hands too. If you paid £75 it's probably worth half that now.

Those aren't the most Ghetto-flippers I've ever seen either. No elastic band "shooter rod"? Pfft.

just had Steve Richie on the phone - thinks you might have ripped him off!

Dibs #3 inline. I'll take that Pin-Bot off your hands too. If you paid £75 it's probably worth half that now.

Sold it to a chap from Brighton or Bounmouth area iirc, circa '99. I wonder actually if he's on here??

That together with the Fire and a parted Robocop (backglass smashed and it was a done thing back then) funded my IJ. First DMD in and it'll be in my will.

Managed to find another Robocop year or so back from @Moonraker Peter which, by some bitter fate, was missing the backglass. Clearly the pinball gods never forgive!

Tim

Backstory to this..

Early 90s. We did a few family holidays in france. Usually camping in one of these Eurocamp/Keycamp places. Frame tent already set up, you just rock up etc.

Pretty much every site had a 'Salle de Jeux' with table football, some vids and usually 'flipper'.

One place had a brand new DESW which I was completely obsessed with. BSD too, but that bored me. The MK vid opposite had a slide-out control panel which the op hadn't locked properly, so when you pulled back on the stick the entire front opened, revealing the cashbox.

Being more the resourceful type than a thief, this very nicely fed the pin and in the process protected the ops revenue (ha..)

The pin was hard to hear, but you could stand next to it while someone else played to enjoy the awesome music.

One day the op visited on maintainance and I very quickly learnt how to say "can you turn up the volume?" which, after repeating a dozen times with upward finger gestures he eventually understood what I wanted and, with some releif, not what he initially thought.

It rocked. Just amazing. The MK coin door had been fixed on the vid, so now we had to pay, but at 10F / 3 credits it didn't matter. All the pocket money went in and then some..

Although i didn't realise until later in adult life, this is where i learnt to love Data East's BSMT signature sound and just synth in general.

Back at home, with no pins and only a beaten up TAF within 10 miles, it was hammer, nails and felt tip to feed the obsession.

It wasn't until later that decade we finally got a pin at home... Yellow Admag (sat), Pinbot, £75. The sickness of the pinball collector set in. Fire! followed. Robocop next.

That's a story for another day.

Voulez-vous elever le son? [emoji115][emoji115][emoji115]

Tim
C'est fantastique.

Back
Top Bottom