What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I power this up?

Drew Taylor

Site Supporter
image.jpgThis ColorDMD is old and requires a 12v and 5v power feed, apparently. I’ve currently got the 12v from the distribution board but have no idea how to get a 5v to it aswell.

I have power but no screen. 😢😢😢 Does anyone have pics they can show on how it’s done??

Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 15
Looks correct as per instructions although instructions only go as far as Sam & Whitestar whereas yours is Spike 1 🤷🏼‍♂️
Do you get anything on the screen when you press the menu button at all?

Good news - should be compatible as the website has the colour files for this board and specifically for GB.
But this is interesting too:

Looks correct as per instructions although instructions only go as far as Sam & Whitestar whereas yours is Spike 1 🤷🏼‍♂️
Do you get anything on the screen when you press the menu button at all?
Those are the instructions I used. I get no screen at all. Just power led lights on the board. Troubleshooting talks about having to update the firmware but it’s does nothing when I insert the usb and try.

Those are the instructions I used. I get no screen at all. Just power led lights on the board. Troubleshooting talks about having to update the firmware but it’s does nothing when I insert the usb and try.

You need to find a way to supply the 5v to it, there are mods mentioned in the links I posted above.

I put the link to the Pinball life site above, couldnt find it on the Mezel Mods site.

Not cheap though.

Thanks Dave

I think the issue I have is that it’s the older board that needs a 5v feed too.

I’ll book myself on a basics in electronics course. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom