What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how do i get this thing off?

cooldan

i like pizza
i popped another pinball cherry today, by changing all the rubbers on my MB - all, that is, apart from a few around the bumpers (which are coming off soon for a rebuild) and this one behind dracula: to get this one off, i need to remove that tall hexagonal post thingy.

how do i get it off?

[attachment=862:behind drac 3.jpg]

thanks guys

Either a hollow shaft nut driver if you have one or an adjustable spanner (unless you have a spanner of the right size)
smile-1.png

Yep - unscrew it. Sometimes if they haven't been removed for a long time the post below the plastic thats it is attched to will unscrew along with it ...so you might have to grip the bottom post with needle nose pliers if that happens. But it probably won't.

Be careful out there pinball soldier
wink-1.png

Thanks fellas, I tried but wasn't confident to use any elbow grease. Next time I'll show it who's boss

If you have the nut drivers that I recommended on the UK group a couple of years ago, the yellow one will do the job

hey Nick, yes, i have the set of six that you and Stan recommended, but the hollow bit at the end is only a cm or so long, and this post has a longer screw on the top than that.

mufcmufc' date=' post: 1693921 said:
If you have the nut drivers that I recommended on the UK group a couple of years ago, the yellow one will do the job

Mine weren't multi-coloured when i got them (from the same supplier) - all orange - which makes it interesting when trying to grab the right one whilst holding up a PF and balancing a coil on your arm.....

I'm in the market for some new nut drivers, what were the ones you recommended?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-PIECE-S...t=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item4cfa59ff18

They did used to have coloured handles and mine handle long threads (I know it does MB as I took one apart recently), I found them on eBay a few years ago and bought a set. I recommended them on the UK group and before you know it, the guy had sold 20 or 30 sets, someone told him I had let people know about them and the guy contacted me to thank me which I thought was nice.

Over the years I have found my extending magnetic ratchet driver invaluable, especially for reaching those tricky screws/nuts buried deep amongst wires and assemblies under the playfield.

Something like this but not this one - think mine just came from BnQ - but seriously its the one tool I have used more than anything else.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ratchet-S...t=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item2560905455

Of course you would have to buy a set of suitable nut bits to swap on/off with that one. Think mine came with loads.

Dan does have a coloured set and so yellow is the right one I think for him. I got a set from the garden-hire-spares people last month and they were coloured, very useful when you get use to the colours.

Magnet ratchet sets are fantastic, they have found the missing part when I eyes just wouldn't have been able to.

Nice one gentlemen, they'll do the job nicely
biggrin-1.png
I've already got an extending ratchet one so was after a set of standard drivers. Looks like the garden hire spares guy is getting one more pinball customer.

i managed to get it off with an adjustable spanner, but the yellow one didn't work, as the long bit with a thread on it was too fat to go in the hollow bit in the handle. strange that it worked when you took an MB apart.

i definitely need a magnetic long handled thingy, was very impressed with Calimori Geoff's one (and the little magnetic pot for screws, nuts, washers etc to go in).

Nick, when you took apart that MB, did you replace the blue rubber things on the pf? Phil from PH sent me some with the MB rubber kit, and as far as i can see, an allen key should do the job, but for some reason i'm finding it tricky.

here's what i'm talking about, to the right of the scoop

[attachment=864:photo.JPG.jpg]

Yes you need an allen key, but it isn't a standard size. I don't remember off hand what size it actually is, but it isn't one of the normal imperial sizes, maybe best for you to just clean it up?

Back
Top Bottom