What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homepin Pinball Presents: > 5....

Maybe I got out the wrong side of bed this morning but having worked in the IT industry all my life and seen many skilled jobs offshored to country’s like India/Bulgaria/South Africa. Well let’s put it this way. Some of my views especially regarding manufacturing and jobs are in line with Mr Trump..

Please come and listen to my talk at Daventry Pinfest as I talk about this exact point.

I agree with your sentiments 100% and believe me, if I could have done this in Australia I most certainly would have - it would have been FAR less strain on me to do so but economically just not viable. Others have tried and it just doesn't work.

I've been following Mikes work at Homepin via Facebook and it's pretty clear that doing anything in China is far from easy. Even things we take for granted like access to Facebook are harder to do in China so the fact he's managed to put a factory together, design a machine, build it (and many of the required parts) is pretty crazy. I really look forward to seeing it; i'm not a huge Thunderbirds fan but any new pinball is good in my book and when so much effort has been put into the building of the machine you really have to hope it gets the credit it deserves.

now that it seemss that Mike is chasing new money, i doubt i will see my game before xmas
Pete. You know your TAG is finished and packed, sitting in my factory waiting for you to choose a shipping method.

Shipping was always an extra cost at the buyers expense. You have been offered several shipping methods and have chosen the "free" one - meaning at my expense AND when there is space in a container. This could be months away.

You could have the machine in 7 days if you wanted to pay for shipping.

Please stop crying about how I run my business as it has zero to do with the delivery of your machine.

OK, so when did you tell me my game was made? (not the pinside post)
I chose a shipping method. three times now
Air freight , $1850
LCL , $600 (+ tax), do the paperwork, take a day off work to pick up
Free, paperwork done, just have to pay to ship from the distributor

There was 15 people willing to take Wayne up on his offer. but you stopped that

you said costs to get a container from China to Australia is $3800
3800 by 21 games is less than $200 each
I have said before, I would be willing to pay $200 (+shipping from Sydney) to put this issue behind

@Homepin were these shipping costs made clear at the point of pre-ordering? Being quoted $1800+ to ship a $5000 game - if indeed those are the right numbers - would throw most people for a loop I would imagine?

@Pop Bumper Pete you can't just decide what you want to pay for shipping, based on a rough calculation of how much a container costs, how many games can fit in it and how many customers there might be in Aus and say "there's your $200 now ship the game right now"

I'm glad I'm not in retail, or logistics.

Back
Top Bottom