What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homepin Pinball Presents: > 5....

Really like the updates and can't wait to play this at Pinfest.

@Homepin Who did the coding? It's great seeing what is happening on the manufacturing side and it's clear so certainly know your onions but haven't read much about the software other than it's pretty complete and will be swapped by a chip. Is the coding something you found difficult and did it require a experience 'pinball' coder?? There is no angle here just wondering out of curiosity.

Building a batch of our divertor mechanisms. This mech is all stainless steel construction with two roller bearings.

View attachment 64837 View attachment 64838

The honesty and transparency is quite refreshing.Good seeing progress made.and love the way the boards look reasonably repairable by normal people.Great schematics will be available from the off too.Can't wait to try it later in the year. Just a quick observation,not a criticism, the large nut in the picture for the mech is not in engineering safety,not sure nyloc bit is even contacting the threads.I enjoy looking at the updates

Last edited:
Just a quick observation,not a criticism, the large nut in the picture for the mech is not in engineering safety,not sure nyloc bit is even contacting the threads.

We don't need a nylon nut in this position but we use it because of its extra thickness.

On the subject of code and programmers - please come to my talk in Daventry where I will explain all from our original programmer dying in his sleep and the fallout that caused to losing every bit of his work and starting from scratch.........

Overall looking a very nice quality tidy pin with a good price point as well. No bull**** as well, say it how it is. Looking forward to playing this and the future of Home-pin. :thumbs:

nyloc or not thread still ain't in safety,easily fixable tho.Saw a gd of it today,love the multiball countdown

A standard nut fits perfectly but we have chosen this one and have used anti shake thread lock ( not locktite). There is no strain or loading on this so it doesn't really matter in any case but thanks for being observant.

The prototype Thunderbirds Pinball machine is now packed and headed for the UK. It has all the latest upgrades and mods and is running very polished software. It will be at the Daventry Pinfest show 25/26 August then we will deliver it to ITV London as part of our contractural obligations for the licence. I'm unsure where they want to set it up? Maybe the staff lunchroom?

daventry1.jpgdaventry2.jpgdaventry3.jpg

There is 2 due to UK, one for me, one for ITV. Hopefully they will come at the same time.

Can't wait to try this at Pinfest.

@Homepin Can you tell us who designed the playfield layout? You said a while back that "it’s a name that you will know in a microsecond" and I am really intrigued as to who it might be.

Quick question.. does the 5..4..3..2..1 now precede the multiball start? It's so iconic that it ought to be savoured before having to concentrate on the balls, ala "Showtime" on TAF.

Homepin.. certainly interesting to see it. But just doesn’t have any nostalgia. There’s more to making/selling pinball than manufacturing. I dunno perhaps it just isn’t cool enough. Even the apron looks like it belongs on a washing machine.. yuck!

Last edited:
Maybe I got out the wrong side of bed this morning but having worked in the IT industry all my life and seen many skilled jobs offshored to country’s like India/Bulgaria/South Africa. Well let’s put it this way. Some of my views especially regarding manufacturing and jobs are in line with Mr Trump..

Last edited:
Homepin.. certainly interesting to see it. But just doesn’t have any nostalgia. There’s more to making/selling pinball than manufacturing. I dunno perhaps it just isn’t cool enough. Even the apron.. yuck!

All of the design, art and software is ALL done in Australia and other western countries NOT China. The machine certainly has the right feel, but then I'm biased.....

just hope the EU don't put a *** for tat tariff on amusement machines cos then we are fooked

50% on US domestic appliances already in place

Definitely seems some people are wishing this pin to fail before it even gets started.
A new Pinball machine, not made by Stern, for 4.5k which is loaded with toys and is loyal to the theme(even if your not a fan of it) must surely be good for the market.

I would love to see the younger kids playing this at events and getting involved into pinball. Probably an easier sale to them than an Iron maiden or Walking dead machine.

I said before, for a first pin, it looks good. If they sell enough and start to put out 2 or 3 a year then great on them.

Back
Top Bottom