What's new

High speed 2 Q and A!

Did anyone else notice that the hi/low shifter is the wrong way or is it just mine?
press down to go up gears in the video mode etc?
the decals are right tho.I switched my wires around.
tempted to buy a new set of chrome legs but might try polish the originals first.

Mine was also the wrong way around which I hadnt noticed until someone pointed it out. I swapped mine too.

Did anyone else notice that the hi/low shifter is the wrong way or is it just mine?
press down to go up gears in the video mode etc?
the decals are right tho.I switched my wires around.
tempted to buy a new set of chrome legs but might try polish the originals first.
Tinfoil and water.

Why mess it up with nasty sticky coke?
I did try with autosol and it didn't really add anything other than a grey paste. Water and foil does the job and then autosol for a quick clean and shine.

Tin foil and water worked well enough!
Gave them a quick buff in work with a polishing wheel too.
They look good from about a meter away but have some rust/bubbles thats not going to come off.
But I definitely wont be needing a new set so happy days

They must of came out of the factory like that so!

The gearshift units were originally supplied loose, in a small cardboard box inside the main shipping carton. They can't have been checked all that well (if at all) - one that I fitted wouldn't even operate the ball launch - the only reaction was from one of the Superchargers' red flashbulbs. In the 'Switch Edges' test it showed one of the magnet optos and an un-used switch. Also down to bad wiring on the gearshift.

Last edited:
got some time today to put the L2 roms in and the lighting from comet pinball .
What a difference!hard to show in pics but heres one of the slingshots half done.Sorry for the blurriness.

lh6.googleusercontent.com__nQwCgvolu1I_U9PW5GqesNI_AAAAAAAADBc0925a657ccb05eec3ea411ca9f3785da.jpg

Highly recommend those strip leds.At first I thought they might be crap because of the slightest of flicker but its not noticable.
I lit up the slings,the drive 65 plastic,the cop car on the left,the mountain and the supercharger exit.
Looks so much better.
I also added a flasher to each of the flashers in the supercharger and mounted them on the underside of the electromagnets.
Adds a lot to the light show and isn't overpowering.

I did run into a small problem,
The lamp sockets in the pops were gone completely and the wiring below removed.
I got new ones (is there a special small bulb for pops?) wedge type and wired them up.
They worked for a while now the GI string is gone out.
Its not the fuse (swapped out to be sure)but I loaned my MultiMeter away till tomorrow.
Where should I start looking?

Thanks

Nice work. Every pop bumper I've come across ( admittedly not that many! ) has had normal 555's in them ( unless they poke through the cap like spiderman ). I've tried a few LEDs in them but either they have been too tall or just look like crap so I've always gone back to normal lamps.

Britecaps look like a great option, Comet are supposed to be selling they're own soon.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pop-bumper-led-caps-on-the-market

Those pops are not to my taste!
My problem is the bulbs stick up too high so I need to fold them over.
not ideal at all.

They are quite effective, I would not have guessed they were LED strips.

So I think this is the likely suspect of my GI circuit outage!Luckily the PCB side is perfect.
2014-07-28 18.20.25.jpg
It shattered when i tried to get a better connection but I bodge it together for the moment,
What are those yokes called and can I get a set of them?

I got this Lambo in a local toy shop for a 5er.
Wasn't too sure if it was going to work but I think it does.I had a few green leds lying around so I put them under the plastics and it really sets them off nicely.I have a new set of bats to go into it too.

2014-07-28 19.43.22.jpg

Its getting there!
Have a few mates around Friday so it'll get a good seeing too!

Attachments

• 2014-07-28 19.43.30.jpg
    2014-07-28 19.43.30.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 3
Those 'yokes' are called pin header connectors for the GI. Well, at least that what I say when I make my orders. You can get them from any reputable place (Pinballmania or pinball heaven in UK)

Like the lambo too although it could look a million times cooler shooting flames out the exhaust just after it says 'shift gear'. :-o

Back
Top Bottom