What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

high score reset

WinterMillennium

Registered
Hi folks,

Long time lurker... probably a n00b question, but I'll throw it out there anyway. I've just got a CFTBL, and I've been trying to reset the high scores so me and my flatmates can battle for the glory of having our names appear on the DMD (no way we'll be troubling the previous high scorers on this table...). I've gone through the menu and done both a HSTD reset and a factory reset, and I'm still a) not setting high scores and b) getting other high scores cycling through on the DMD.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks!

Hi, WM,

I'm surprised that you're not seeing the default or backup scores shown in the attract mode. Did you go into the 'H.S.T.D' Adjustment section, and make sure that the High Score system is On? I'll try to talk you through it, if it'll help;

• With the machine in attract mode, open the coin door and press the 'Enter' button
  • Wait for any Test Report message to finish
  • Use the + or - buttons to select 'Adjustment Menu' and press Enter
  • Again use +/- to select 'H.S.T.D Adjustments' and press Enter
  • Scroll through the adjustments, using +/-, and check that the feature is On, and that the back-up values are in descending order
  • If you want to change any value, press Enter while it's displayed, the current value should flash
  • Then use +/- to change the selected item, and press Enter to set the new value

The stored backup values (except for the Grand Champion) are brought out when the reset counter runs down to zero, or when a 'normal' h/s reset is requested by simply holding down the Enter button for a few seconds (a counter is shown on the display). The sort of thing a money collector could easily do, maybe even by accident.

To also reset the G/C, there's an item in the 'Utility' section of the menu by the name 'Reset H.S.T.D'

Last edited:
Hi, WM,

I'm surprised that you're not seeing the default or backup scores shown in the attract mode. Did you go into the 'H.S.T.D' Adjustment section, and make sure that the High Score system is On? I'll try to talk you through it, if it'll help;

• With the machine in attract mode, open the coin door and press the 'Enter' button
  • Wait for any Test Report message to finish
  • Use the + or - buttons to select 'Adjustment Menu' and press Enter
  • Again use +/- to select 'H.S.T.D Adjustments' and press Enter
  • Scroll through the adjustments, using +/-, and check that the feature is On, and that the back-up values are in descending order
  • If you want to change any value, press Enter while it's displayed, the current value should flash
  • Then use +/- to change the selected item, and press Enter to set the new value

The stored backup values (except for the Grand Champion) are brought out when the reset counter runs down to zero, or when a 'normal' h/s is requested by simply holding down the Enter button for a few seconds (a counter is shown on the display). The sort of thing a money collector could easily do, maybe even by accident.

To also reset the G/C, there's an item in the 'Utility' section of the menu by the name 'Reset H.S.T.D'

aha! that's exactly what I am seeing... those are the scores cycling through I was referring to. Perfectly round numbers should have been a giveaway :cuckoo:

Perfectly round numbers should have been a giveaway

An earlier Williams game had a multi-ball jackpot which gave the impression of being built up during play by not having neat, round values displayed. Wheras in fact, there were five different values, which simply appeared in turn for each round of multi-ball play (obtaining a Status Report showed which was currently available). The software writer must've coded in these random-looking values, possibly to disguise the lack of a true accumulating-value jackpot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom