What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Power Board

LordBucketHead

Registered
Hi All,

While 'fine-tooth-combing' for a short, I happened to spot this (in the picture below) on the High Power Board.
First question is, what is the High Power Board for ?

I'm guessing I need to replace that missing part [Q1 heat sink] ?
Or should I source a replacement board ?
Or none of these things ?

Thanks for reading this. Very much obliged to you;

IMG_1017.JPG

Looks like the magnet driver board for an Addams. One transistor per magnet.

Thanks for the reply (yes Addams)
I was looking at the components with the playfield right up & at 5' 8" I didn't notice the transistors hidden in there (embarrassed novice much)
Blimey.. would someone have removed that on purpose as a bad fix to stop some unwanted behaviour ?

It might have unsoldered itself if it’s got locked on. Then dropped off into the cabinet.

It might have unsoldered itself if it’s got locked on. Then dropped off into the cabinet.
You know.. I noticed some odd magnetic behaviour in play & pondered all sorts of stuff.
Are all TIP 36C transistors the same ? Life isn't normally that simple for me. If not;
Could anyone possibly provide a link to a vendor for the correct errant transistor
(and errant heat sink if possible if the tranny doesn't come with one)

thanks again, much obliged.

Back
Top Bottom