What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi From Norwich

James

Site Supporter
Alias
James
Hi all,

Thank you moderators for the add, been a little while lurker, so it's good to be up and running on the forum. I am a complete noob to be honest and am looking to maybe get in at the lower end and work my way up, I must admit, I find it a little daunting, with my limited DIY skills (my biggest achievement so far is my home made proton pack - pictured) which includes a bit of woodwork and soldering.

I really love the Ghostbusters pin, but it is WAY out of my budget right now and probably aiming a bit high for a starter - like the southpark one though, which seems more reasonable.

I have been scouring the forum, and maybe a little bit much to ask, but is there a NOOB, must know section and are there any other members located nearby? (I have seen a couple on the map but not sure how active they are!)

Awesome

Ghostbusters is amazing, hunt one out, any in the wild near you?

Hi all,

Thank you moderators for the add, been a little while lurker, so it's good to be up and running on the forum. I am a complete noob to be honest and am looking to maybe get in at the lower end and work my way up, I must admit, I find it a little daunting, with my limited DIY skills (my biggest achievement so far is my home made proton pack - pictured) which includes a bit of woodwork and soldering.

I really love the Ghostbusters pin, but it is WAY out of my budget right now and probably aiming a bit high for a starter - like the southpark one though, which seems more reasonable.

I have been scouring the forum, and maybe a little bit much to ask, but is there a NOOB, must know section and are there any other members located nearby? (I have seen a couple on the map but not sure how active they are!)
welcome to the forum, i am not far away in filby,near hemsby.not been a member here long myself, only got a couple of machines,but on the hunt for a third

Last edited:
Hi ianw and lmtc

I am not sure if there is any in the wild near me at all, I have checked a couple of sites, possibly in Gt. Yarmouth at the arcades, but not so sure.

LMTC what have you got, how did you find ownership and taking the plunge?

Hi ianw and lmtc

I am not sure if there is any in the wild near me at all, I have checked a couple of sites, possibly in Gt. Yarmouth at the arcades, but not so sure.

I love ownership,but taking the plunge was a bit scary,i got both my machines from members on here, first to arrive about 4 months back was a partyzone from bally, then in late November i got myself a Terminator 3 from stern,i spent months and months looking but got a wary of gumtree and ebay so stayed well clear of them,Then i found this forum and withing a week or so i had secured my first machine.Now i have to say that the help found from members on this forum is priceless,and trust me ive asked some really really stupid questions but the help here is second to none.I have had a couple of small issues with the partyzone but have only been lose wires on switches that needed a bit of re-soldering.Im now keenly looking for my third machine,In the short time i have been into the hobby i have noticed what is refereed to as "pinflation" and prices seem to be on the rise at the moment,i have also noticed that games seem to go in and out of fashion,flintstones seems to be one of the !i want ! games at the moment.Whats your budget and what takes your fancy game wise in your budget ?

Hi ianw and lmtc

I love ownership,but taking the plunge was a bit scary,i got both my machines from members on here, first to arrive about 4 months back was a partyzone from bally, then in late November i got myself a Terminator 3 from stern,i spent months and months looking but got a wary of gumtree and ebay so stayed well clear of them,Then i found this forum and withing a week or so i had secured my first machine.Now i have to say that the help found from members on this forum is priceless,and trust me ive asked some really really stupid questions but the help here is second to none.I have had a couple of small issues with the partyzone but have only been lose wires on switches that needed a bit of re-soldering.Im now keenly looking for my third machine,In the short time i have been into the hobby i have noticed what is refereed to as "pinflation" and prices seem to be on the rise at the moment,i have also noticed that games seem to go in and out of fashion,flintstones seems to be one of the !i want ! games at the moment.Whats your budget and what takes your fancy game wise in your budget ?

I think South Park is in my budget - but I have only just started looking to be honest, but I really want to get out there and try some machines - not sure there is anything too near us though to be honest.

I havent seen anywhere local with any machines in, i paid £1900 (delivered) for my very nice t3 ,its not a real pinheads game as the ruleset isnt to deep ,but for me as a newbee it is great game at a good price(within budget) and was a lot newer than some of the classic williams 90s machines available at the time.im still learning my way around it.i looked at southpark and at rollercoaster tycoon as well,also appolo 13 camon the radar,on my currant want list is roadshow,flintstones,fishtales,i would love a hobit or game of thrones but no chance of me buying either of the last to at the moment

I see you have fallen into the Flintstones want cycle that everyone is talking about on here then...

£1900 delivered seems good, there seems to be a bit of a churn on SP - and as you say the forum seems to be the place to get it from, might be worth putting the feelers out.

Do the Stern games hold well then, or will GOT and Hobbit come down over time?

Welcome, I didn't even notice there was a map! Or I couldn't remember there being one.

Yeah im in the flintstones cycle but dont suspect it will be my next machine as i think the price is high on them at the moment,
heres the link to the t3 i purchased of here
http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/t3-pinball.38159/
Im no expert on prices and desirability but games like my t3 are good newbee games but generally not sort after by experienced pinheads, but do represent a lot of bang for your buck and im really enjoying mine.i suspect my next game maybee another stern from the same era.
I would definatly put some feelers out and see what is about,when i was looking i was offered a variaty of games including southpark , rollercoaster tycoon , and appolo 13 , all games that arnt "classics" but good value.I guese you have to weigh up whether your first pin is going to be the "forever machine" or the start of your journey into ownership,Like i say im very very new to all this and it only my experiance, What machines have you played on so far ?

I have played the south park game a couple of times in the past and T2 - which I liked both, I need to get some game time under my belt really, but as said nowhere near us in Norwich to do so. When is the next event?

Im not sure about events but maybee put a call out as there will be people on here with more knowledge than me about any meetings and events, The big meeting was nlp a couple of months back where there was around 100 machines to play.

Hi all,

Hi! I am also new to the forum and also from Norwich (sort of. I was born and schooled there but now live in Bressingham near Diss!). I reckon I win the most noob of the noob as I wouldn't be able to even build your proton pack :) Either way hi from someone who is equally in the same boat!

Hi guys ...And I thought I was alone in sleepy Norfolk (Attleborough) with my pins ..a belated welcome ?

There's life in Norfolk! And apparently a stronger pinball community than what we all first thought :) Can't believe I posted the original post nearly a year ago. I am still, erm, leaning totally on James on when it comes to pinball, but I have learned an absolute tonne across the year! Ludicrously exciting/expensive hobby haha

Back
Top Bottom