What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! Let me get this TMNT out of my hands!

Spadge

Registered
Hi, so I still have TMNT which I've been doing up for a good friend. I still have a problem with the sound, my electronics and Data-East know-how is a little limited.

Basically I don't know if it's the sound-card so I'm reluctant to start replacing all the capacitors and what not on the sound card (which I'm led to believe is compatible with Simpson and maybe also Last Action Hero).

I've bought a new potentiometer in case it's that, I've tried a new power board and it's not that.

The sound card does sound like it's working to some degree as noises do emit from it, very low volume, along with buzzing, and you can almost make out a "cowabunga" sample. Seems like the logic is working ok.

I'd be more than happy for an electronics whizz to help get this thing working or someone fairly local (the north!) to let me try the card on their DE machine and see if it's the card at fault.

Everything else seems ok on the machine, has a new DMD, new plastics, rubbers, etc.

According to the games list in the DE repair guide that specific sound board was only used on 3 games.

http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/desega/index1.htm#list

• These sound boards are NOT upward or downward compatible.
  • #520-5002-03: used on the Simpsons, Checkpoint, and Teenage Mutant Turtles. This board allowed the two voice EPROMs to be as large as 27010 EPROMs.

Amplifiers would be my first port of call.
Volume pot.
Speakers.

Then it starts getting trickier.

Yeah cheers, I just don’t want to start hacking at the sound board if not necessary. Have ordered a pot to try.

Check that there is -5v at VR1. This voltage is generated by the sound board and does not come from the power board.

Back
Top Bottom