What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! Can’t unscrew the backbox hex bolts on my Bally

strongs

Site Supporter
I’m trying to remove the two hex bolt things on the inside of my machine that hold the backbox hinges on as I’m installing mirrorblades however, I’m struggling to turn them.

I’’m using an allenkey which I believe to be the correct size. They are either incredibly tight or I’m doing something wrong?

Rather than try and force them I thought I’d post here for some help.

Any tips, guides, suggestions!?

I had similar on my funhouse. Ended up squirting a load of GT85 on them and put an extension bar on the Alan key and it eventually pinged free. Took ages though

Some can be done up tight. The part you put the allen key into on some of these bolts go all the way in - may be worth spraying some penetrating oil into them. Or WD40 if that is all you have. But watch the decals (oily residue).

Remember the rule - lefty loosie - righty tighty :)

Reactions: Edd
Gave it some WD40 tonight and more force but the allen key is starting to chew the hex bolt and slip.

Any other ideas?

Not wd40 it’s crap at unceasing stuff ((wd stands for water displacement)

I’d still try plusgas if your local hardware store has it

I always thought wd-40 was the go to spray for this sort of job until educated otherwise, now wouldn’t have it about me. Plusgas on the other hand is awesome stuff

I think I may struggle to get a good bite on the hex bolt now due to the wd40 and slight chewing from trying.

Instead I’m going to widen the hole on the mirror blade to fit over the bolt and continue to secure with screws as normal.

435719525e83600edb53371a647ec0a9.jpg

Grip the hex end inside the cab with molegrips and wind away till it gives.
Will be far easier than making the mirrior blades hole bigger.

Can't you drill them from the outside ? . Use a centre punch and then progressively larger drills on the external bolt head ?

Back
Top Bottom