What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello

GillAy

Site Supporter
Hello
I'm new here and if all goes well will have my first machine soon.
I'll probably buy an oldish one to save pennies and get the rest of the family used to my hobby happening in the house instead of the pub.
Another thought was to buy a new Thunderbirds but some of the reviews aren't that favourable. Pinball Heaven are selling at just under 5k and there is an Australian outfit advertising for £3533. Would this be a sensible way to save money? I'm guessing that the shipping and any electrical conversion would still work out cheaper.
Any views welcome.
Thanks,
Gill

Remember, if you import a Thunderbirds from Australia you’ll have to pay VAT on the shipping and machine itself (20%) once it arrives at customs.

No duty on pinball machines, but even just VAT on the shipped price would make it close to the Pinball Heaven price. I'd certainly pay an extra £600 or so for a UK spec model, 2 year warranty and lifetime technical support.

It won't be that much more - £3.5k + say £600 for shipping plus 20% is over £4.9k anyway.

Thanks all
Its interesting to hear your informed replies about importing. The warranty and help from someone like Pinball Heaven would be very useful for a novice like me so that may swing it.

Thanks all
Its interesting to hear your informed replies about importing. The warranty and help from someone like Pinball Heaven would be very useful for a novice like me so that may swing it.
Especially as it's the same price, so no import saving anyway....

No question you have to buy from Pinball Heaven. Simply outstanding service and just not worth trying to safe a couple of quid by importing yourself in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my first ever machine from Phil at pinball heaven a few months back. If you can afford it in my opinion it’s the way to go. At the end of the day first time round it’s a lot of money at stake and not sure all the worry/hassle of importing would be worth it. If something goes astray you are dealing with a company the other side of the world! Phil on the other hand made the process very easy and was available to talk through any questions or concerns.

But remember pinball is addictive and machines multiply! Just bought my second machine off this forum and on the lookout for a Junkyard for my third ??

Back
Top Bottom