What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Chelmsford, Essex

MajesticPinball

Site Supporter
Alias
James Reed
I just joined this forum quite recently as i got tired of being on the rather Americanised Pinside. I'm eager to see if theres much of a pinball scene in Essex? I'm an okay player but by no means competition worty. I would love to see if theres much of a scene going on locally as I'd love to join a league and meet some fellow pinheads.

I'm in Wickford but I just have one machine. I seem to recall that there was somebody in Chelmsford with a huge collection.

Hey! Was it you that was selling RFM a while back on eBay? I remember there being one for sale in Wickford and i very nearly bought it but somehow i ended up with Junk Yard instead.

Not me, I enquired about it as it said Wickford but I think it was actually Colchester. The one I had a few years back is for sale on here though currently.

Junkyard is one of my favourites.

Not me, I enquired about it as it said Wickford but I think it was actually Colchester. The one I had a few years back is for sale on here though currently.

Junkyard is one of my favourites.
Ahh fair enough, it looked like a pretty nice machine. What game is it you own at the moment?

Welcome from Maldon!

I used to have a nice collection but overdosed on restorations and had to have a break. I now only have one-machine, AFMR which I've fell in love with after selling an original some time ago.

Hey! Was it you that was selling RFM a while back on eBay? I remember there being one for sale in Wickford and i very nearly bought it but somehow i ended up with Junk Yard instead.
Junk Yard is a good game (in my opinion) as another owner.:)

used to have a nice collection but overdosed on restorations and had to have a break. I now only have one-machine, AFMR which I've fell in love with after selling an original some time ago.

Steve you need to get restoring again, beautiful job you do, love my,/ yours indi, sttng, medieval madness, you are a total scholar

Welcome @JReedie, great collection nice to see some balance with the old EMs, that's where my interest is currently.

As the guys suggest above Flip Out London @ Croydon is the place to get a fix of a large range of machines and meet pinheads, it's run by guys on here - http://www.londonpinball.co.uk/pinball-sites/

This site has a User Map (with the annoying Ctl/Zoom feature from the last Google maps update that needs fixing) - http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/usermap/

Enjoy the ride:thumbs:

Hi JReedie, I'm also from Chelmsford.
I'm a relatively new to the scene and have just one machine at the moment (WOZ Emerald City LE) but am working on getting more ;)
Great to know there are other pinheads so local to me. :)

It needs more than that by the looks of it; I can’t see any users on it at all
???? I can in Windows/Chrome, here's me and an inactive member in Baz, note other members showing Salisbury, Fleet etc... I'm in a pinball wasteland:tut:

upload_2018-1-25_14-43-22.png

???? I can in Windows/Chrome, here's me and an inactive member in Baz, note other members showing Salisbury, Fleet etc... I'm in a pinball wasteland:tut:

View attachment 58069

Hmmm not working in iPhone safari or Chrome on a Mac. You’d hope google maps might work in a browser made by the same company. :sigh:

Hmmm not working in iPhone safari or Chrome on a Mac. You’d hope google maps might work in a browser made by the same company. :sigh:

As suspected. It was me. Signed in to the app but when it opens links to the site within the apps browser I’m not. If you’re not signed in you just get a blank map ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool. You get certain extras on here if you're logged in or a Site Supporter, bookmarks and maybe other bits.

Welcome from Maldon!

I used to have a nice collection but overdosed on restorations and had to have a break. I now only have one-machine, AFMR which I've fell in love with after selling an original some time ago.
Ah nice one! I used to work in Maldon about 4 years ago at Madison Heights. I used to be a bowling lane technician. AFMR looks amazing id love to see and play one some day.

Welcome @JReedie, great collection nice to see some balance with the old EMs, that's where my interest is currently.

As the guys suggest above Flip Out London @ Croydon is the place to get a fix of a large range of machines and meet pinheads, it's run by guys on here - http://www.londonpinball.co.uk/pinball-sites/

This site has a User Map (with the annoying Ctl/Zoom feature from the last Google maps update that needs fixing) - http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/usermap/

Enjoy the ride:thumbs:
Thanks! I love restoring the EM machines but they barely ever get played. They cant really compare to the other games i have but they are beautiful poeces of art.

Hi JReedie, I'm also from Chelmsford.
I'm a relatively new to the scene and have just one machine at the moment (WOZ Emerald City LE) but am working on getting more ;)
Great to know there are other pinheads so local to me. :)
I'm absolutely dieing to try a woz. The only one I have ever seen is at Chief coffee in London and on all 4 occasions thats ive been in there its been switched off. Welcome to the hobby though! Its insanely addictive. I went from 1 machine to 7 in just under a year :confused:

I'm in Wickford but I just have one machine. I seem to recall that there was somebody in Chelmsford with a huge collection.

Hey, I am in Wickford too! I ve got a couple of pins at the minute, but my room has just been extended, so maybe room for one more.........;)

What do you have?

Hey, I am in Wickford too! I ve got a couple of pins at the minute, but my room has just been extended, so maybe room for one more.........;)

What do you have?

I've got a Johnny Mnemonic in bits, waiting for my room to be decorated before I put it back together.

I thought it was time to dive into the pinball scene and I’m hosting a charity pinball event this summer at the Prince of Wales pub in Stow Maries, Chelmsford, Essex on the 21st and 22nd of July. I did start a thread in the events section of the forum or you can check out my facebook page for more updates on what will be going on! Very excited and will be great to see some of you guys there!

Majestic Pinball Restorations
https://www.facebook.com/SilverBallRepair

Back
Top Bottom