What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Bangor (NI)

GlenNI

Registered
Hello everyone, I've been lurking around here for a while and must say this is a great forum.

I got into pinball after visiting tilt in Birmingham while alway for work.

I'm based in Bangor and currently own a Stern Star Trek.

Not many pinball locations over here that I know of except Kent amusements in Newcastle (has hobbit, woz and xmen)
And replay (potc i think)

Would love to know of any more locations that you guys know of as I'm going to be selling my machine soon (other commitments ) but would still like to get my fix

Glen

Welcome Glen.

The Irish pinball league will be starting again very soon if that floats your boat? Its run as a league but is more about getting together and playing pinball.

If you want to email irish.pinball.league@gmail.com I will add you to the email list so you will be informed about upcoming meets.
There is another guy in Bangor that has a lethal weapon 3 pin and is going to join the league, I dont have the details with me at the moment though

Also let me know when you are selling your star trek as I know a few that might be interested (myself included)
As for pins on location, there used to be a CSI in the odyssey bowl at the odyssey arena but I think it was away for repair, will check soon to see if its returned yet.

Is your star trek the one from the Goats Toe or a different one? Went down a few times to their pinball nights but its been replaced by a pool table and:cuckoo: a pool night.:hmm:

I have a few machines but only one set up at the moment (Aerosmith) but we are actively looking for premises to get them set up so we can work and play on them. we are also looking at getting a few machines out on sites but will probably be a month or more before that happens.

Cheers and welcome again
Ian

Welcome Glen.

The Irish pinball league will be starting again very soon if that floats your boat? Its run as a league but is more about getting together and playing pinball.

If you want to email irish.pinball.league@gmail.com I will add you to the email list so you will be informed about upcoming meets.
There is another guy in Bangor that has a lethal weapon 3 pin and is going to join the league, I dont have the details with me at the moment though

Also let me know when you are selling your star trek as I know a few that might be interested (myself included)
As for pins on location, there used to be a CSI in the odyssey bowl at the odyssey arena but I think it was away for repair, will check soon to see if its returned yet.

Is your star trek the one from the Goats Toe or a different one? Went down a few times to their pinball nights but its been replaced by a pool table and:cuckoo: a pool night.:hmm:

I have a few machines but only one set up at the moment (Aerosmith) but we are actively looking for premises to get them set up so we can work and play on them. we are also looking at getting a few machines out on sites but will probably be a month or more before that happens.

Cheers and welcome again
Ian

Hi Ian, Thanks I will send you an email to get on the list.

I seen a post about the CSI in odyssey bowl but unfortunately it's definitely gone now as I've checked there a couple of times, I would suspect it wasn't making enough or wasn't being maintained.

Your correct, it's from the goats toe. I Never knew it was there until buying it but thankfully it never had any abuse on site and again It was sold as not making enough. If your interested in it I can send you photos and other details?

It would be great to see machines on site that are maintained. Where are you thinking for sites? (Belfast, pubs/amusements etc?)

Thanks
Glen

Welcome Glen, I hope your loss isn't going to be long-term.

Thanks Cmor111, I hope the same but unfortunately I haven't been getting the time to play it recently as it's in my own house and I'm currently living with my partner and there's no room to keep it at hers :(

Hi Ian, Thanks I will send you an email to get on the list.

I seen a post about the CSI in odyssey bowl but unfortunately it's definitely gone now as I've checked there a couple of times, I would suspect it wasn't making enough or wasn't being maintained.

Your correct, it's from the goats toe. I Never knew it was there until buying it but thankfully it never had any abuse on site and again It was sold as not making enough. If your interested in it I can send you photos and other details?

It would be great to see machines on site that are maintained. Where are you thinking for sites? (Belfast, pubs/amusements etc?)

Thanks
Glen

Glen

Def interested but not sure I want to deprive you of it...

We are still waiting on a decision on the locations for pins but we have been talking to a few places (not amusement arcades though) pubs, clubs cafes etc in the greater belfast area (at first anyhow)

Get your email sent through and I will hopefully see you at the first meet
Cheers
Ian

Ps just sent you a PM about the league etc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom