What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS

a good playfield was always hard to find for these. seen a few where you couldn't tell what game it was!

The HGT that I had a while back had a mylared playfield as well. Most of these games with unprotected playfields have bad wear around the bonus inserts.

I was buying some pins off an op a few weeks back.
He said back in the day he went through 7 globe trotters.
Said he had to skip them they were worn so bad!

Where does the time go...my customer was jumping up and down over this recently so I thought I had better get started!! All the mew parts are in from Europe and the states so it's time to strip...then remove the Mylar.....here we go....
IMG_0988.JPG
IMG_1010.JPG
IMG_1009.JPG
IMG_0999.JPG
IMG_1007.JPG
IMG_1003.JPG
IMG_1004.JPG
Have a roadshow to repair tomorrow morning..if that all goes to plan I will finish stripping this playfield and hopefully get around to cleaning the playfield, refurbing any artwork and removing the pop bumpers and Mylar..........playfield looks pretty good though underneath all the grime and duff Mylar let's see how it turns out...quite looking forward to it..as tables of this era were about when I was young!

Playfield now stripped as far as I am going to go on this. Pop bumpers out for replacement parts and new caps. Siderails off for repainting in red. (Daihatsu flame red. As the only red I seem to have in stock.) only removed some Mylar as in places this playfield has triple Mylar. The bodger who did the first layer must of had really dirty fingers as his prints are all over the playfield underneath!?! :tut:. Here's a bit of what happened this afternoon. Stripped........
IMG_1015.JPG
A good old fashioned foam clean....
IMG_1017.JPG
Wooden rails before.....
IMG_0988.JPG
And after.......
IMG_1018.JPG
This is the playfield after some Mylar removed. And foam cleaned and t-cut. Bare wood touched in. Waiting for it to dry to re-lacquer.....
IMG_0991.JPG

That's one of the best condition HGT playfields that I've ever seen.
A rarity indeed, should look stunning once clearcoated.

A small amount of progress on hgt .......the playfield is back together. With new pop bumpers and spinner decals....
IMG_1068.JPG
IMG_1069.JPG
Flippers rebuilt top and under playfield. The rebuild kits for Bally games of this era are getting harder and harder to source. Thankfully pinballmania had two sets left! Red superbands of course!!
IMG_1067.JPG
Score displays repaired where necessary mostly dry joints and a few transistors. Backbox sprayed white....nice....
IMG_1070.JPG
Now it's time to get it to boot!!! First port of call the power supply check this out hack red alert!..........
IMG_1066.JPG
Think the mpu battery cell is knackered!.....it had corroded its self off the cpu pcb and fallen into the backbox!? :tut::rofl:Will sort these two things out and let you know what happens:thumbs:
IMG_1065.JPG
To be continued..........

Attachments

• IMG_1065.JPG
    IMG_1065.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 3
Totally forgot I had started this thread...here is the finished article...decided to leave the main Mylar on in the end, as I attempted to lift it...(using cold and hot method) and it was removing the artwork big time...shame really as the main blemish above the "30" is under Mylar???.......gggrrrr but still looked and played nice for a Harlem globetrotters.......
Sorry I missed out all the middle bit...but that was mostly pcb work anyway ..........

IMG_2875.JPG

Back
Top Bottom