What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy Alien Day!!

Looks amazing. I need to really start doing the lottery :)

Congrats to all those involved - looks fantastic and I feel a tiny bit proud to say that it's made in the UK.

Superb! Awfully kind of stoptap volunteering to be in the video at the start! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats Andy!

As with anything there are bound to be teething issues, but I have to say I am hugely impressed and love playing Alien!

It's a hit!

Best wishes for keeping production up!

Vin

Well done Andy. Looks fecking fantastic. Hope the translite gets approval as it looks really really good. Reminds me of the Space Invaders translite a bit (which isn't a bad thing!). I need to get down to Brewdog for some Alien action!!!

well done Andy, you definitely have a hit on your hands if you can get them made before the Pinsiders get too impatient, and we all know what they're like

gif alien stapler.gif

one thing i've been saying for the last 3 years of shots from inside your factory - dude, it still looks like you just got your dad and the accountant down to stand somewhere in an empty warehouse; next time pay a bunch of random strangers £50 each to wear Heighway tshirts and be in the background of all the shots looking busy, weilding power tools screwdrivers, discussing stuff bent over screens and conveyor belts and carrying boxes about. a busy factory looks good, like a busy restaurant. nobody wants to go in an empty restaurant. if i was you, i'd have fake hubbub noise, radio music blasting, the sound of whirring and drilling and air-power tools, some pinball test noise, some background shots with piles of boxes and people wearing those funny American visor mask thingies, some guys wearing ear protectors and goggles ...... etc etc etc, you get the idea.

please don't think i'm being all critical and not enough constructive, i'm one of your strongest supporters i promise you, just think you're teetering on a precipice here that could go either way, and image and impressions are everything. knock it out of the park now, everyone loves it but lots of folks still worry the games won't get made for whatever reason. after this, presuming all good, you're established. if you have to take a hit on the production, let someone else line their pockets on that part, suck it up as it'll only help you in the long run. meh, what do i know, i never started my own pinball company!

aliens on holiday.jpg

Gutted. Went to brewdog in Sheppard's bush yesterday for some Alien action and it was broken and turned off. In fact there was only one of the four machines working. Hopefully it will be up and running soon.

he knows, is there now sorting it out. something to do with the computer doesn't like being switched off all at once by the cab or wall switch, prefers to be booted down slowly.

@Fishbulb Neil was talking about a probable simple fix for it, a thing that produces 240V just for a minute or so on close-down so it has a chance to do so properly. an 'uninterruptable power source' i think he said it was called. sounds like a design fault for early models that they can fix for the later runs i hope.

No. I hope he picks it up from here. I think he already knew it was down a couple of weeks ago

Matt only found out it was down just before the weekend, when he was about to drive to Holland and back. i can assure you, he wants it fully working 100% at all times, he wasn't best pleased when they let him know it'd been out of action for several days in a row, they shoulda told him straightaway.

Okay, but power does go "off" and you can't predict that.
As an Electrician, I have to isolate, lock off and test before work can proceed. Testing has to be completed before the reversal.

Does that mean you can't switch them off? Really? Anyone?

Alien is up and running, if anyone finds any of my machines down or with a fault, then please give me a call or send a PM.

Thanks

Matt

Okay, but power does go "off" and you can't predict that.
As an Electrician, I have to isolate, lock off and test before work can proceed. Testing has to be completed before the reversal.

Does that mean you can't switch them off? Really? Anyone?

I'm guessing because they are running either Linux or a lite version of Windows you will have to power them down "gracefully".

Ideally you need some sort of baby UPS that will detect loss of mains power and shutdown the system.

I'm guessing because they are running either Linux or a lite version of Windows you will have to power them down "gracefully".

Ideally you need some sort of baby UPS that will detect loss of mains power and shutdown the system.

thats nuts if true. MMR runs Linux and you just flick the switch...

Back
Top Bottom