Haggis Pinball

Sep 25, 2018
Melbourne Australia
Hi everyone. A good mate and I recently decided to try and make a pinball machine from scratch (yes, beers may have been involved).

We also decided to create a vlog and document the process so anyone else that was interested, could follow along (and help keep us accountable)

Episode 1 is now live, so please have a watch if you think this may be your thing.

You can also find us on YouTube here: Haggis Pinball, subscribe to get the latest updates and/or hit us up on Facebook: Haggis Pinball

Cheers,
Damian

Cmor111

Apr 30, 2015
Stirling
What a disappointment, I was expecting a Scottish Pinball!

All the best for your project and I look forward to watching it progress.

Welcome to the forum.

Homepin

Mar 5, 2013
Kuranda Nth Qld AU
Something you might want to reconsider is the use of micro switches for flipper buttons. They don't operate fast enough for this application. I would probably use leaf switches in your case as that's an easy thing to substitute and you already have exactly the right 'blue' flipper push buttons.

Some Euro operators "back in the day" used to swap out the opto flipper boards when they failed for micros and that really caused problems with flipper operation during gameplay.

My AU$0.02

Homepin

Mar 5, 2013
Kuranda Nth Qld AU
Opto boards will bring another level of complication but are certainly the best way to go. Consider a simple leaf switch. These were used for a very long time with excellent results.

There are several advantages to using a simple leaf switch. Cheap, simple, easy to adjust AND maybe most important CLEARANCE. There is very little space between the edge of the playfield and the flipper switch (as I'm sure you will find).

1541296548410.png

OP
OP
Haggis Pinball
Sep 25, 2018
Melbourne Australia
Here it is!
The theme for Haggis Pinball's first ever pinball machine, coming 2019

Wraith is a pinball machine born of a story of tragedy, loss, mystery, darkness, decay, rebirth and resurrection.
Wraith is a living mechanism, a key to the lock that is the mystery of Fall River and the disappearance of a family of 9 in 1892.
Now, in 2019, we have the chance to hold that key, turn it in the lock. Help us help them to rise. Help us help them to rest.
Their story must be told. They want us to know what happened. They deserve this. So do you.