What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guns n Roses roll call - early meet up at Stonefree?

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Alias
John Whitfield
I know a few of us are going to see GnR on Saturday, so does anyone fancy meeting up first?

Given I've got a rare pass to get out I'm planning on making the most of it. I think I've persuaded Dr Dan to come out and do the afternoon at the Stone Free festival first with me. Kicks off at the Millennium Dome at Midday and if it's the same format as last year the afternoon shows are all free. Chance to catch a few bands including Gun, The Answer, Crazy World of Arthur Brown (Pensioner setting his own head on fire) and the mighty Blue Oyster Cult.

Lots of bars and restaurants to eat at before then travelling 3 stops on the Jubilee line to the GnR gig.

If the format has changed (which I doubt) then there will still be some other bands to watch and puzzle out why they are playing in the middle of a shopping centre and we could either just pretend to be civilised and have a leisurely drink or travel back 4 stops to mine and drink free beer and play a couple of hours of pinball before heading back out to the GnR show.

I had a great time at Stonefree last year and the afternoon was what made it. (that and being absolutely ****ered by 3 in the afternoon :oops:)

For the truly hardcore there is also an after show party at the Dome from 11-2 ish

To make it more pinball related we've got both GnR and Godzilla...

Anyone fancy joining us? If not and you are just doing the gig in the evening let us know where you'll be and we'll try to meet up

Back
Top Bottom