What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gumtree wanted ads

Horsey

Registered
I have just seen a Pinball wanted ad on Gumtree. I've seen it a few times, I think it is Ronnie on here. Anyway, the point of this post.

Has anyone ever had any good finds from wanted ads?

I have put up a few retro game ads years ago and did get a few things (before retro was so popular)

But has anyone got funny stories or that regarding pins?

Yes that's my add! Great detective work lol. I have had a few hits from it and a lot of time wasters!

From memory
Willams Road kings
Sega Jurassic lost world
ST25
CFTBL

Years back I even got 2 mint Sega mega tech vid games for free! HUO

Ronnie

I put some up in Norwich - got one hit, waste of time from my side, but will probably go again as not many pinheads in Norwich, maybe one day it'll come good.

I have just seen a Pinball wanted ad on Gumtree. I've seen it a few times, I think it is Ronnie on here. Anyway, the point of this post.

Has anyone ever had any good finds from wanted ads?

I have put up a few retro game ads years ago and did get a few things (before retro was so popular)

But has anyone got funny stories or that regarding pins?

Not from a Wanted Ad ....but I did buy a machine from the chimney sweep last year when he saw I was into pins. Got a very good 'run to the cashpoint now ! ' deal ;);)

Tried an advert on GumTree a few times, zero response total waste of time. There is virtually nobody left who doesn`t know the value of pinballs and lets face it that`s why most of us try our luck on there at some stage but why bother anymore.

@ronnie63 I have watched a few episodes of Columbo you know ?

That's a pretty good outcome from it. I started visiting this forum just after you sold that Road kings. Pity, as it is a really fun game.

I suppose the one benefit with a pinball over old games is the size. People may know how much it is worth but just happy to get someone pick it up.

@Banzaipinabll I don't remember seeing chickens in Star wars. Must be the remaster version ?
Did you take the Star wars? A true barn find

Tried an advert on GumTree a few times, zero response total waste of time. There is virtually nobody left who doesn`t know the value of pinballs and lets face it that`s why most of us try our luck on there at some stage but why bother anymore.
Yeah, I agree nowadays John. Found the same with games. Anyone that did contact me always said "well ebay will give me this".

How's the line up looking in your room nowadays?
Did you get that new Stern?

Had a big clear out as i was fed up fixing up stuff so called collectors stored for years without keeping on top of things that i paid top money for........anyway all gone now after getting them in proper condition to sell so not much left at the moment. Hoping to finally get that new machine next week.
Cheers
John.

Had a big clear out as i was fed up fixing up stuff so called collectors stored for years without keeping on top of things that i paid top money for........anyway all gone now after getting them in proper condition to sell so not much left at the moment. Hoping to finally get that new machine next week.
Cheers
John.
Good stuff John. I hope it goes to plan

The Wanted Free ads used to work in the good old days. Bought several machines locally but gave up with the adds 4-5years ago after little or no response.

Not from a Wanted Ad ....but I did buy a machine from the chimney sweep last year when he saw I was into pins. Got a very good 'run to the cashpoint now ! ' deal ;);)
Haha, what a great story. I hope the price wasn't...... through the roof.

Well good leads are few these days and when you do get a genuine reply (popeye for instance) the seller has googled it and seen it for 5 grand on HLD ! So want 3 grand! But I persevered and 9 months later got it for 850 and that was recently. Needs some work and money spending but only 2 miles away can't complain. Well worth the few mins to post an add

Back
Top Bottom