What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Guardians of the galaxy

If you're hoping for a discounted price then you'd be best coming back in a year or two.

Then again, if it ends up being considered a good game, like ACDC and quite a few other recent sterns, then maybe you won't ever see a discount on the nib price you could pay now.

Just something to consider

Hi @IOXLEY Stern have had a fantastic run of games of late, there's been some great A grade titles. Unfortunately people want to wait for them to resurface into the second hand market, which means not many are sold. I'm quite sure only a small handfull of Guardian Pros are out there in the wild, as its a great game the small few that have them hold onto them.

You'll need to be lucky to find one and if you do expect there to be alot of competition to buy it. The laws of supply and demand dictate as it is in demand those new machines that are good will hold their value. What that does mean though is if you bite the bullet and go NIB you shouldn't be disappointed in its value if you do decide to move it on at some point.

Good luck in your search I hope you find one :thumbs:

Bite the bullet on this one buy NIB off Phil
2 years guarantee then sell for probably what you paid at the rate price rises go and rarity.
It’s a cracker !
I know of 5 owners in the UK and none of them are likely to sell in the foreseeable

From what I hear it wasn't a big seller in the UK. So with few around prices will be firm. Just as well buying NIB. Even a used pro if it were to turn up would be over 5k..

Have to agree with everything above.

It's now a truly fantastic game, and the one I always end up playing the most anywhere I see it.

Had an amazing game last night.
Ball 1 started and finished Knowhere, then insta drained
Ball 2 started and finished Escape Kyln, then insta drained
Ball 3 started and completed Sanctuary & Quill. Collected the Quill hurryup and started CherryBomb. Got 597mil, then proceeded to start Pod Chase with Groot Multiball, completed both, then started Antiquities and Orb Multiball, completed Antiquities just 1 shot left to complete Orb, started Yaka then Sibling - with 2 shots remaining on both of them. Played Immolation Initiative got about 1.2 Billion. Then drained. Bonus was 535mil. Achieved 2 Extra balls
Ball 3.1 Started Yaka and completed with Hadrons, started Sibling and completed - Then drained.
Ball 3.2 At this point all modes were complete, Groot was complete and I only had to start Orb and hit 1 jackpot to light Save Xander for some really big points. Unfortunately I had no progress towards Orb multiball and had to start from scratch. Hit the drop target, survive the slings, lock the ball, survive the magnet, hit the drop target, survive the slings, lock the ball, survive the magnet, hit the drop target, survive the slings, hit pillar next to the lock. DEAD. FFS:eek:

I can't see prices dropping much below what a NIB would cost now. I'd say it is as good as Iron Maiden - but in a different way.

I have sold one used one £5500 and could have sold it 10 times over I have sold the le for £7600 but with only 6 pro in the uk that I know then it’s good new for nib buyers

Played it at the Scottish expo and liked it. Actually Kiss stood next to it and I thought that would be the better pin. Just couldn’t get enough of GOTG. Was really difficult getting on the darn thing as it was constantly in use. For toys the pro has a lot to offer.

From what I hear it wasn't a big seller in the UK. So with few around prices will be firm. Just as well buying NIB. Even a used pro if it were to turn up would be over 5k..

I assume the code being so poor at the start hit numbers sold over here, though I'm not sure how many NIB the UK gets through anyway? Anyone care to estimate numbers per release or per year of new games sold?

Ball 1 started and finished Knowhere, then insta drained
Ball 2 started and finished Escape Kyln, then insta drained
Ball 3 started and completed Sanctuary & Quill. Collected the Quill hurryup and started CherryBomb. Got 597mil, then proceeded to start Pod Chase with Groot Multiball, completed both, then started Antiquities and Orb Multiball, completed Antiquities just 1 shot left to complete Orb, started Yaka then Sibling - with 2 shots remaining on both of them. Played Immolation Initiative got about 1.2 Billion. Then drained. Bonus was 535mil. Achieved 2 Extra balls
Ball 3.1 Started Yaka and completed with Hadrons, started Sibling and completed - Then drained.
Ball 3.2 At this point all modes were complete, Groot was complete and I only had to start Orb and hit 1 jackpot to light Save Xander for some really big points. Unfortunately I had no progress towards Orb multiball and had to start from scratch. Hit the drop target, survive the slings, lock the ball, survive the magnet, hit the drop target, survive the slings, lock the ball, survive the magnet, hit the drop target, survive the slings, hit pillar next to the lock. DEAD. FFS:eek:

I was quite happy with knocking my son of GC with 800mil until I ready that! I could do way better if only I could hit the scoop reliably - any tips for that as I've spent games purely trying to hit it for practice and my success rate is awful. Don't have that issue on other shots or on other games, so I'm struggling to figure out why - whether its just a tough shot, or if I'm being dumb not figuring out where to hit it. On the plus side, my post pass from right flipper to left is now pretty much 100% because I've had to do it so many times!!

I tend to go for Orb from the right flipper as it seems safer when you miss as it is a much faster shot from the left flipper.

Also didn't realise there's a second extra ball available!!

The game seemed a dark horse. Fairly low expectations at launch from quite a few people and not a massive amount of chat when it launched. I wasn't expecting much when I played it but I enjoy it far more than I expect to every time I play it.

Then again nowadays, very few of the Stern tables come out of the door as smash hits and instead gain their real qualities once the code is finalised after the fact (I'm especially looking at Batman 66 with that one.)

Im only keeping it 3-4 months as I’m full on space really, so this is going in the hall! so if anyone wants it after. Let me know
Thanks
Ian

Guardians along with deadpool are two of Sterns very best in recent years! I can’t see us letting go of ours for the foreseeable future

Where do you live? Can I come play it? ?

IMG_0650.JPG

I think all these games with the new LCD screens are starting to make the dmd games seem really dated.

Seem to have enjoyed all of them -

AS
BM66
SW
GOTG

Not played DP yet.

Best games ever :rofl:

I have two games with screens in my room and everyone normally goes to AC/DC or afm r, so not sure the screen is why ?

Just had a few games tonight and it what an awesome game it is. Volume at 30 with the Cleland sound mix. Loved Metallica, GnR but the music on this with the remix is great.

Back
Top Bottom