What's new

Guaranteed - Safe Multiball

Wayne J

Site Supporter
Alias
WWJ
What machines can you guarantee a multiball from the plunge if you make the require shots.

I'm talking about guaranteed shots from a safe flipper feed, not with live catches or dead bounces, as these may vary from machine to machine. So any time the ball goes into the pops will usually disqualify the machine as the feed cannot be guaranteed.

For Example.
WH2O - Whirlpool MB is achievable from plunge by shooting ramp from upper flipper to light mode, feeds to lower left flipper. Then shoot centre to get ball back to upper playfield, shoot start mode.
BUT, also on WH2O, main MB wouldn't count, even if you consider, letting ball return to right flipper from upper playfield, then ricocheting off both stand-ups into lock, too much luck required.

Other examples I've found include:

The Shadow: Shoot ramps to light K-H-A-N on rollovers, then left loop, then into KHAN scoop from upper flipper.

Scared Stiff: Soft plunge into scoop, shoot left ramp to light lock, left loop to lock. Repeat x 3 times.

Indy 500: Shoot left loop to light lock, shoot lock from upper flipper to lock. Repeat x 2

T3: Alternate ramps to keep lighting Command Centre, when all 6 are lit shoot left loop to collect. 6th one is Assault!

Star Trek: 18 consecutive warp ramp shots from upper flipper to get Warp 9.9

Spiderman: Side ramp to vector ramp, shoot Doc Ock, shoot left ramp, shoot Doc Ock again.

Spiderman: 51 consecutive alternating ramps to get Combo MB

Theatre of Magic: Centre ramp from plunge, followed by 4 further centre ramps to light lock, then inner loop to lock. Plunge, shoot inner loop to lock 2nd ball. Plunge shoot Box.

Demolition Man: Plunge, Upper flipper to Underground, Right flipper to left ramp, Left flipper to Right ramp for Claw.

CSI, plunge to skill shot, ramp to light lock then ramp again to lock ball. Repeat.

Any more that you can think of?

Last edited:
I don't know if this counts but....LOTR. Fail to collect all characters and play 0 multiballs and it will give you Fellowship Multiball as a pity (provided you can make the shot to start it). I think this also depends on settings in the game.

I'd also say the right ramp multiball is a safe shot if you can post transfer and continually make it, lighting the rollovers for "KEEP" and then locking balls.

I had put in my original post (but then took out, as I thought it was clear) that this is from ball 1, not a pity MB

Earthshaker would also work.

Hard plunge all the way round to left flipper then shoot hideout will light a zone. Feeds to right flipper, shoot scoop then side ramp, feeds back to left flipper - repeat until all zones lit and lock is lit. Shoot lock, then repeat to lock 2nd ball. Plunge to MB

LotR, Choose tower skill shot, feeds to left flipper, alternate ramps to light L-O-C-K on inlanes then lock at right ramp, repeat to get 2nd and 3rd locks.

I meant why is it important to figure out so called 'safe' multiballs. Some are harder to get than just playing the game with some 'risk' - and risk is reduced the better you are as a player and the more familiar your are with the game and then with the specific machine you are playing.

Back
Top Bottom