What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GrizZ's Ultimate Guide To Popeye - The good , the bad and the spinach

---- Popeye news just in ----

So I recently got hold of the original promo flyer for Popeye and it would seem that originally there was a 6th animal to rescue ....a zebra !!

I don't know what Mr.Zebra did to upset the designers but he never made it into the production game :tut:

DSC_0560.JPG

Quite an in depth look at Popeye gameplay.

I don't want to come across like some sort of Popeye obsessive ..... but the guy does get a few things wrong ...:rolleyes: ...he calls Mr Leopard a tiger ffs !! And he says the Pop Bumpers switches count in all the Fight Bluto modes ...they don't.

Here's a gameplay video @Matt Adams uploaded - taken on my machine when he had loan of it.

He actually has a really decent game - finishing with a none too shabby 755 million and not far off Wizard Mode ..just needed to complete the Fight modes :clap: Incredibly he finds Swee Pea on the upper playfield video mode !! ....6:00 mark ..... also Rescues all the Animals at one point, gets a couple of extra balls. Not bad at all for an old dude who spends most of his days playing Whodunnit :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom