What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grandstand Pocket & Handheld Games

I had a puck monster which was defo the best pac-man copy, Kevin Keegan soccer and a load of the ninty dual screen G&W games - still got a few of them in the loft including Nintendo Pinball!

the downside of these games for me is that they haven't aged well; they may have got us through the 80's but now they are all terrible. although Nintendo's release of SMB on game and watch is epic.

Attachments

• s-l1600-19.jpg
    s-l1600-19.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 9
  • s-l1600-18.jpg
    s-l1600-18.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 8
  • s-l1600-17.jpg
    s-l1600-17.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 9
I had a puck monster which was defo the best pac-man copy, Kevin Keegan soccer and a load of the ninty dual screen G&W games - still got a few of them in the loft including Nintendo Pinball!

the downside of these games for me is that they haven't aged well; they may have got us through the 80's but now they are all terrible. although Nintendo's release of SMB on game and watch is epic.
Not sure i agree that they are all terrible now. Astro Blaster (Scramble) by tomy still stands up pretty well i think and the multi colour VFD displays are still pretty cool in my eyes.

Yeah maybe terrible too strong a word but not great.

They are all cool for sure though and value wise are going thru the roof!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Smooth stick smooth stick ????? Only posh kids had smooth sticks. The rest of us used any damn stick we could find.

Yeah it is. I’ve just been looking on the interweb. There is a guy who fixed one recently on YouTube. I also found out that there is a component in it that nobody seems to be able to identify.
I might get mine out of the loft and have a looksee.

I’m trying to remember what was up with the ones I fixed a few years back. Can’t remember. I think as long as the vacuum display is ok still you should be able to fix it. I need to get another Astro blaster I think. End of level baddies on an 80s lcd!

Success !

I did some more digging and managed to find out what the mystery component is. When these games fail it is usually the D882 transistor at S02. I changed this on mine and it still didn’t work. So after the probing and digging I found out that the mystery component at S06 is in fact a 1N5382B 140v zener diode. I replaced it and bingo !

A4F4D6CB-0A64-451B-B52F-8AA35D7BFFA5.jpeg

Success !

I did some more digging and managed to find out what the mystery component is. When these games fail it is usually the D882 transistor at S02. I changed this on mine and it still didn’t work. So after the probing and digging I found out that the mystery component at S06 is in fact a 1N5382B 140v zener diode. I replaced it and bingo !

View attachment 144612
Nice one, the screens on these are great

Back
Top Bottom