What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gottlieb Operation Thunder free play?

Pinbotty

Registered
My first post!

I have just bought an Operation Thunder. Owned several pinballs over the years but never a Gottlieb system 3.

Despite much searching I can't work out how to put it into free play. All resources I can find describe a tournament button on the control board next to the tilt mechanism on the left of the door. Mine has a volume pot and a button which takes you into menu. Can't see any tournament button.

Is anyone able to help? I tried to upload a photo but failed sadly.

Many thanks.

If I recall correctly, there is a thumb switch next to the menu push button. The switch needs to be in the other setting when the machine is switched on it gives various options one of which is free play.

I was toying with that Operation Thunder for a long while, decided against it in the end, started off at £1.5k - what did you get it for in the end?

Also, I’m in Norwich, so probably near to you...

image.jpg
I was toying with that Operation Thunder for a long while, decided against it in the end, started off at £1.5k - what did you get it for in the end?

Also, I’m in Norwich, so probably near to you...

Hi - bought for £640. Overall pleased with it. In good condition. Not as immediately engaging as some of my previous pins but a little different. Some hum which is irritating but likely to be an earth problem from reading about this machine. Will explore in due course. I am also Norwich.

There definitely isn't a thumb switch next to the menu button on this machine. Anyone with suggestions appreciated!

My first post!

I have just bought an Operation Thunder. Owned several pinballs over the years but never a Gottlieb system 3.

Despite much searching I can't work out how to put it into free play. All resources I can find describe a tournament button on the control board next to the tilt mechanism on the left of the door. Mine has a volume pot and a button which takes you into menu. Can't see any tournament button.

Is anyone able to help? I tried to upload a photo but failed sadly.

Many thanks.
Hi there

I am also a proud onwer of a operation thunder.
And for sure ther is no second button. it only the volume and menu button.

I have to try if the menu is working

Is there any one who can email me the manual
suzanbrekelmans@gmail.com

View attachment 62630

Hi - bought for £640. Overall pleased with it. In good condition. Not as immediately engaging as some of my previous pins but a little different. Some hum which is irritating but likely to be an earth problem from reading about this machine. Will explore in due course. I am also Norwich.

There definitely isn't a thumb switch next to the menu button on this machine. Anyone with suggestions appreciated!

Looks like that is missing the tilt bob end too actually, you can get one from @pinballmania I believe, it looks like a fishing weight with a screw that tightens onto the bar.

Back
Top Bottom