What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gottlieb Genesis problem

paddythegreek

Site Supporter
Alias
Ken
Doing up a Genesis. I’ve installed one of Jim’s
(Mypinballs) sys 80b cpu boards.
With all plugs connected to the relevant boards, I get when I switch on, both the tilt and game over relays pulsing and the display flashing on/off in time with the relays.
If I remove A3 J4 plug on the driver board I get the machine to go into attract mode. Display is showing the 4 top scientists as it should. Don’t matter whether 2 balls are installed or not.
J4 controls 5 solenoids and 4 lamps. I’ve checked and double checked the solenoids and lamps for a short but can’t find anything wrong. Am I missing something ?
These gotts leave a lot to be desired.
Any pointers appreciated. Ken

just an idea,can you not just connect the wires from the plug at a3 j4 to the pins one at a time to try and trace which pin causes the problem?,that may help you trace the wiring back to an issue?

just an idea,can you not just connect the wires from the plug at a3 j4 to the pins one at a time to try and trace which pin causes the problem?,that may help you trace the wiring back to an issue?
To be honest I’d considered that option a few days ago but as it seemed a pain in the ar*e to do I dismissed it in favour of looking elsewhere. I thought maybe someone on here had had the same/ similar problem and knew the answer.
I’m gonna have to bite the bullet and do it 🤦🏻‍♂️
Appreciate yr reply. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom