What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gottlieb freeplay

paddythegreek

Site Supporter
Alias
Ken
With the absence of a manual i downloaded how to get freeplay. The download says the board inside the door has a tournament switch which you switch to on then use the flipper buttons.
Erm my board ain't got a switch of any sort so how do i get freeplay on a Operation Thunder.
Many thanks
Ken79752

Look inside the cabinet on the left of the coin door (not the coin door itself). There should be a slider switch for tournament/freeplay and a push button for selections.

Sorry there's nothing there at all.
I was researching earlier and found
"For freeplay press the test button then the left flipper button which will get you into adjustments, then scroll through the menu"
No that bu**er don't work either79775

The newer system 3s have a slider switch where the red push button and volume control are. Does anything happen when you press the red test button? If not then that suggests either the button is not working or a break in the wiring or duff connector with the MPU.

The test button works as it does a memory test. So does the r/flipper button. The left flipper button works as well for scrolling back once i get all lamps- coils-switches etc. It does nothing after i've pressed the test button and according to the download info the r/button is for tests. The left flipper button should give me adjustments but it dont.
The switch is ok as the l/flipper works fine

You may have on board errors. I have had that problem too. But there is an easy solution to the free play. as with my nightmare on elm street once you set it up for free play in the adjustments. You have to put the game in tournament play with the slid switch. But a simple mod can bypass all of that. Just remove one of the coin mechs and install a leaf switch over the coin return button. Solder the two wires from your coin switch to the leaf switch. Now everytime you press the coin return button it adds a credit to the machine. I used silicone to affix the leaf switch to the inside of the coin door.80095

Back
Top Bottom