What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gottlieb EM Score reels

Tombyrne

Registered
Hi, can anyone help please. I managed to get my Big Brave working by sheer luck and YouTube.
I have stripped and cleaned the score reel but have 2 issues, The hundreds and tens will not got to zero on start up but the game does
Reset. The second is that the thousand reel doesn’t always click over so that when the ball drains, the bonus will not score. As the game ends or the ball drains it will buzz and click over. Apart from the score reels what else can i look at, Thanks in advance.

Hi, Tom,

Each score reel is pulsed by a nearby relay, which is in turn driven from the scoring motor. I'd expect to find the reel relays grouped together in the back box, so look for the labelling that should still be present, or for the working 1,000 relay

As above, all the reels should return to zero before a reset can be completed

Each reel has three switches.
One that opens at zero that stops that reel pulsing.
One that closes on zero as part of a series chain between reels that when all four reels are zero completes a series circuit stopping the reel reset.
The third outer switch closes on 9 to pulse the next decade reel at the sMe time as that reel is pulsed.

If a reel does not reset to zero but the reset is allowed to complete then the series switch is closing before the reel is at zero.

Back
Top Bottom