What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Quality 2mm Allen Key

DRD

Registered
Hi

Can anyone recommend a really high quality 2mm allen key please ? Is hardened steel the right material for this ?

I have to remove a stainless steel grub screw that holds a plastic/ metal control knob onto a brass shaft on a polti vaporetto steam cleaner. This thing will have been heated to 100 degrees countless times and may well have some rust/ corrosion/ limescale bonding the two bits together. It has rounded both ends off a standard allen key. I can't heat it or cut a flat head into it as that would destroy the plastic knob it sits inside

There is plenty of space around it so I could go for a screwdriver/ right angle allen key/ standard sized replaceable bit …..

Thanks

The hex-plus ones have a specially profiled head to increase torque and reduce the chances of stripping the tool or the nut. They come in stainless too.

What a sad mofo I am these days.

Back
Top Bottom