What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Good Condition Mid to Late 70s EM

DRD

Registered
Wondering about dipping my toe into the EM market:
  • Full sized flippers (not the diddy mini flippers on the 1960s and early 1970s games)
  • Multi-player
Stuff like Bally Wizard, the late EM Gottliebs etc

Ta

Wondering about dipping my toe into the EM market:
  • Full sized flippers (not the diddy mini flippers on the 1960s and early 1970s games)
  • Multi-player
Stuff like Bally Wizard, the late EM Gottliebs etc

Ta

If you are thinking of moving to em world then i'd probably start with a single player bally or gottlieb. Easier to repair and work on /understand. Then if you like and understand the theory move to a more complex game (4 player etc). Normally they are either single or 4 player options.

Also my be worth widening your search to mid 60s -mid 70s as there are loads of nice bally games from mid 60s onwards to. Plenty of space themes etc as that was the space travel era.

Anyway just my 2 pence from having fixed up 3 ems in the last few years

Reactions: DRD
Re. multi-player electro-mechanical games, the additional complexity in the machinery is usually cancelled out by the lack of same in the game rules, since there's no 'memory' of an individual players' achievements ball-to-ball. Even when playing a multi-player game in a single player situation, the objectives tend to reset between each ball, rather than holding over for the duration of the game. A famous 70's Gottlieb game, El Dorado, appeared in single, two, four player and export guises (and even an 80's solid-state remake), but was probably best as the single player original

Zaccaria Ski Jump any use ?

1978, the EM model (Obviously)
I can get it out of dry storage and take some pics if interested

Back glass has some flaked paint and some paint touch up attempts but not bad, playfield in great condition.

Back
Top Bottom