What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Parts (Side Rails, Lockdown Bar etc)

Andypc

Site Supporter
Based on the recommendation of @chris b in his Theatre of Magic Shop Log from a couple of years ago and the fact they still looked so good a couple of years on, I ordered the Highly Polished Brass Side Rail Set and Hinges from Pinball Decals, Unfortunately the Lockdown Bar was already shown as out of stock.
https://www.pinballdecals.com/WMSCabinetPartsPage.html

I got an e-mail from Joey at Pinball Decals and unfortunately it's not good news.
"We just sold out of the WMS - Brass Side Rail Sets we had in stock last week. It will be quite some time before we get more stock on ANY plated parts. The main guy that worked with us on those died 2 years ago. Since then - quality, time frame....have just gone to ****. Still working on new partnership - but plated parts are just a total pain in the ass.....have dealt with over 25 all over North America , but time will tell....keep an eye on the website."

That's really bad new, as the feedback on these was really good. Looking at Pinside there are reports of the some of the Brass/Gold plating from some places tarnishing or wearing off. I would really like to do my Theatre of Magic in Gold, but want a finish that will still look good in years to come.

Does anyone have any recommendations or advice. I have seen stuff on Pinball Centre and Highclass Pinballs, but not seen any feedback on the quality.

Back
Top Bottom