What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glorified shed

sweet, bet you can't wait to get that space filled.
I am down to 4 games and out of cash so that won't fill the space. Desperately trying to get some cheap games to furnish it when it is ready to make sure that nobody else grabs the newly created space ....

So I bought a dehumidifier to dry the plaster. Coming in today.
I also need a heater in there.
Any recommendations?
It has to be electric as that's all I'll have in there.

Oil filled electric one I have .It gives off better heat than a radiator :hmm:
Plus it has a timer on it as well , think I bought it a good few years ago for about £20 .

I am down to 4 games and out of cash so that won't fill the space. Desperately trying to get some cheap games to furnish it when it is ready to make sure that nobody else grabs the newly created space ....

Age old problem.... I've done three in three years now, the answer is go to those mates who have run out of space !

So today for the first time I have managed to move one pin in the shed (vector has been in there for a week or so but it doesn't work so It doesn't count).
It isn't finished as I still need to do the skirting board but that can wait.
Anyway as i was raising mm I could see that my calculations were going to be tested to the limit. It is that fine art where the building has to be less than 2.5m tall for a permitted development but to get a pitched roof you need the sides to be at about 2m tall and that's before you realise that your floor with its insulation takes another 100mm away or so.
Anyway here is the final product. Mm in place. Tight. Had a game. So happy.

Attachments

• 20180507_174313.jpg
    20180507_174313.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 55
I was going to move the shadow but I had lost the key so couldn't fold it. I have found the keys again so this weekend it will join mm and vector.
The line up is rather eclectic with mm, ts, rfm, Excalibur and vector.
Need more games.

A couple of pictures taken tonight. This is it: I am calling the project finished.
The glorified shed is not completed but that doesn't matter. I have too much fun playing the games at the moment to complete it. It is water proof. It is damp proof. It.will be warm in the winter. That's the main thing. The fact that details are not finished isn't important anymore.
I am over the moon with it. It has given me access to the pins again. When they were in the house I could hardly play them. Too busy during the day. Too noisy at night. I am still too busy during the day but I can now squeeze in a game or two at night. It doesn t disturb anyone. Brilliant.
I hadn't thought about that before. But that is a really good outcome.
There are 4 pins in. They are not even in the right place but who cares?
2 more pins to join them. One being rfm currently in the garage. Anyone who has moved an rfm before will know why it hasn't moved yet. And Excalibur to bring back from work and we are on a roll.
Enjoying playing taf at the mo. Find it so frustrating as a pin that it keeps on drawing back for another game.i have never really understood the hype about taf. But every night it is the first pin that gets turned on. So I must be hooked.
So here it is: the glorifed shed in all its glory. It might get finished properly one day. But for now I'll just enjoy having rediscovered my mojo.

Attachments

• 20180615_230645.jpg
    20180615_230645.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 20180615_230710.jpg
    20180615_230710.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 52
Looks good Dom, things will find their place over time.... no one likes a games room looking like a hospital operating theatre !

Needs Excalibur in there soon as ! ;)

awesome, but make sure you get some blinds or something as the cabs will fade!
Love shadow its an epic game!

I think glorified shed is doing this a disservice, a quality build, well done. Much better quality finish than mine will be, but hopefully mine will deliver the same outcome, warm enough, dry and a place to have them together where they can get played.

Top top job :)

I think glorified shed is doing this a disservice, a quality build, well done. Much better quality finish than mine will be, but hopefully mine will deliver the same outcome, warm enough, dry and a place to have them together where they can get played.

Top top job :)
Looks ok but there are real clangers in there. It is worth thinking through what you are intending to do before you do it...
A good example is the finish of the inside. I didn't really think how i would like the finish to look like until about half way through the build when i decided it would be plastered. As a result the wooden batons to support the plasterboards were few and far between. Don't lean against the wall is my advice. Rookies mistake. And there are others.
But it doesn't bother me. I Had never build anything like that before. And I wasn't even quite sure I could. Now I have. And I like being in it.

Back
Top Bottom