What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GI strings out - fixed!

Max

Site Supporter
Alias
Max
Morning peeps

I just bought an AFM that’s turned out to be a bit of a lemon, this will get a refurb at some point but for now I just want to get it working properly. The machine came with quite a few mods shoddily installed, as well as evidence of some previous bodging:

IMG_0240.jpegIMG_0232.jpegIMG_0237.jpegIMG_0248.jpeg

I’ve corrected the brown wire on the plug and cut/removed all the mods and associated wiring.

The game plays fine but the GI has at least two strings that aren’t working at all. I suspected damage to components from the mod bodging but I’m not sure.

At J105/106 the strings that don’t work either have no voltage or voltage that is low (2-3v) and fluctuating. I’ve removed the board and it looks fine, no burned sockets or signs of previous repairs. I’ve run through the connectivity GI buzz diagrams from pinwiki and everything checks out.

I’m not really sure where to go next.. any advice appreciated!

Thanks

Might sound like a daft question but have you checked the bulbs in the GI that is still out after removing the mods and made sure they haven't previously blown?

Yeah I pulled a couple of bulbs and tested them first thing, there’s no voltage at the board unfortunately.

Some of the wires in J103 were pretty toasted at the ends. Pulled some clean through and reinserted, all good 👍🏼

IMG_0280.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom