What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghostbusters ColorDMD code finally!

Not every machine can take the LCD and LED is the only option, for example, Jurassic Park. On the plus side though, I love the look of LED more than the LCD :D

Having seen a few LCD displays recently I was overly impressed, however none of them were using DotsXL and this looks to improve things a lot. I've not seen a colour LED in the flesh.

I would still have reservations about the light bleed from the backlight on LCD though. I don't like the greyish blacks that they produce.

Having seen a few LCD displays recently I was overly impressed, however none of them were using DotsXL and this looks to improve things a lot. I've not seen a colour LED in the flesh.

I would still have reservations about the light bleed from the backlight on LCD though. I don't like the greyish blacks that they produce.
That's my concern with LCDs in general (vs LED/OLED), not specifically on pinball machines. I like blacks to be black, not just really really really dark grey.

Glad you were impressed. Of all the colour options the LCD from colordmd is way ahead of the rest (but you pay for that). DotsXL is my preference the LED is horrible, too bright and has that horrible pinprick of light.

Bought an LED - couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

Wish the LCD were sized the same as LED though.

I would get LCD over LED, I own both and LCD looks better in Sterns and you have the choice of modes. Only time I would recommend an LED would be for Data East as it's much easier to fit being the same size as the original dmd.

All my games have LED and they look epic proper pinball! And the LED is plug and play.

Spider-Man has LCD because the video suits it more. GB will get LED :)

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

All my games have LED and they look epic proper pinball! And the LED is plug and play.

Spider-Man has LCD because the video suits it more. GB will get LED :)

Neil.

Would you be able to get some pics/video of your GB when you get your LED panel fitted?

I’ve had 20+ cdmd in lcd, one in led, which I bought for TWD. I couldn’t sell it quick enough, it was horrible. DotsXL and lcd all the way!

The LCD that colordmd use is a very good quality one - yes usual grey black effect but it’s not so noticeable. I would love to see an OLED colordmd I suspect that would be the best solution but dollars many.

On the Bally/Williams titles I prefer LCD’s set to high res mode and the newer sterns with the later backbox LED’s. Mainly because the LCD’s don’t fit very well also the dots suit stern pins.
Expensive I know but they do make a top product.

LED installed. You can see the dots with it switched off.
Luckily you don't play it turned off. ;)

I've always preferred the LCD over the LED for the simple fact that there are so many options. Plus the LED seems too bright to me.

But everyone has their own choice, and if Pinside is to be believed :eek: if your choice doesn't agree with someone else you're wrong.

No idea Phil sorry. Have you emailed Randy? He's very good at replying to emails, although maybe he's at the Expo.

No not yet. Just tested in tron and works perfect. Maybe something to do with spike? Ran tje power from tron and the ribbon from gb and its the same so deffo signal
Ribbon is fine if I reattatch the dmd.

But GB hasnt been released yet on their site (sigma or Chroma - not that i'm checking every 10 mins to find out!)... ;)

Not sure Phil - however that isnt looking healthy... Looks like a data issue to me..

This is superb easily one of the best colorizations they have done.
That looks really good. Great timing for whoever bought the premium at 6k!
Really hoping KISS gets done and is that good.
Can you ask Randy Neil? :D

yep done all that. Going to be not happy if this doesn't work with spike. I'll wait and install the code but it should work with sigma. I have emailed Randy so will wait to see what the official line is.

I just saw randy but hadn’t seen this I’ll mention it to him but best to email his he is around and the vendor hall is closed so he doesn’t have a lot
To do :)

Back
Top Bottom